ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lost all drive!? Gears still select!

PH2 172
Driving home from work, went to pull the car onto the drive and i lost all drive, car was still in gear

can still select all gears, makes a slight noise when left in 5th with the clutch out.

Did a good search around to pressume its the circlip!? Yet the speedo doesnt respond as people say it should..

could anybody shread some light please?

Cheers

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Driving home from work, went to pull the car onto the drive and i lost all drive, car was still in gear

can still select all gears, makes a slight noise when left in 5th with the clutch out.

Did a good search around to pressume its the circlip!? Yet the speedo doesnt respond as people say it should..

could anybody shread some light please?

Cheers

Speedo is read off the abs so it not working doesn't surprise me.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
This happend to my 1.2. It was the circlip.

Was driving out of the village, went to change from 3rd to 4th and there was nothing! Had to push the car about a mile back home

PH2 172
Im just going off what people have mentioned in other threads mate..

Anybody know the part number for the circlip?

iv got same problem although mine is a cup and doesn't register any speed so i know its not circlip as i had it happen before,suspected clutch on mine but shall find out one its pulled apart

PH2 172
iv got same problem although mine is a cup and doesn't register any speed so i know its not circlip as i had it happen before,suspected clutch on mine but shall find out one its pulled apart

Thats what i was getting out about the speedo..

from what ive gathered if the gears select yet theres no drive and the speedo rises under throttle then its the circlip... Yet my speedo doesnt move

Thats what i was getting out about the speedo..

from what ive gathered if the gears select yet theres no drive and the speedo rises under throttle then its the circlip... Yet my speedo doesnt move

unless you have a SPEEDO drive box it will not happen as yours will read off the ABS