ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lost photos and calendar etc

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Ive recently changed my Galaxy Note for an iphone 5. I wrongly assumed my photos and calendar etc would be saved on the memory card, or at least in Kies as i backed the phone up regularly.
But when i go into Kies there is nothing there. Has anyone any idea if it is possible to recover anything? Its mainly the photos im after as they were mainly my holiday pics.

Cheers

2014 Focus Titanium
Firstly - stop using your phone as a camera, they're s**t compared to even a £100 point and shoot! :)

Secondly - I thought they were stored on the SD Card? If not, what have you done to wipe them? A factory reset would not delete photos iirc.

Thirdly - For your calendar/diary use Google Calendar, both Android and iOS phones are compatible and it you can have the same calendar accessible from all devices that you have, and you will never lose all your events if you change. It's the best calendar out there and it's free.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
I thought they were stored on the SD card too, but they dont appear to be.
I will look into google calendar.
Cheers

they are stored in whatever location you tell them via android be that internal storage or the sd card , confusion lies that i think they use the term internal sd card , which is actually phone storage

182 T
Yea Samsung phones mark their internal storage as "internal SD card" or local storage 1 depending at what your looking at it via.

Factory reset would wipe them if you stored them on there, It would also wipe it if you left your SD card in the slot whilst you did it.

KIES does back up photos and calendar so I'm not really sure why you're struggling to recover from that? You've not done a factory reset then plugged the phone back in and backed up OVER your previous one have you?

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
I havnt got the phone anymore. I just assumed they would be stored in Kies. I took the SD card out before i got rid of the phone. And before it was reset.
Its my own stupid fault for not saving them to a memory stick or external hard drive.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Firstly - stop using your phone as a camera, they're s**t compared to even a £100 point and shoot! :)

Secondly - I thought they were stored on the SD Card? If not, what have you done to wipe them? A factory reset would not delete photos iirc.

Thirdly - For your calendar/diary use Google Calendar, both Android and iOS phones are compatible and it you can have the same calendar accessible from all devices that you have, and you will never lose all your events if you change. It's the best calendar out there and it's free.

Sorry what phone are you using? Probably the worst piece of advice you can give.

2014 Focus Titanium
Sorry what phone are you using? Probably the worst piece of advice you can give.

I'm using a Galaxy S3. Which bit is the worst bit of advice I can give? One, two or three?

With regards to the camera, I stand by my comment. My 7 year old Ixus 50 produces better images than my S3, especially if it's anything but a bright environment. Phone cameras are fine for taking random photos - I use mine all the time and it produces some pretty decent photos - but I would never take it on holiday instead of a proper camera. (I generally take my P&S and my DSLR and if I don't have room for my DSLR I'll take the P&S)

Anyway, it was more of a tongue in cheek comment in a jokey kind of way but I see many people took offence by it. No harm intended.

And who wants to constantly walk around with a phone and camera?

Ask any photographer!

Last edited: