ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud Drone & Grinding When Braking

120d M-Sport
Hi all, over the past few days my car has been getting louder and louder when i brake.

Basically when i drive along and then press the brake as normal a loud vibration noise starts and its like i can feel a grind through my brake pedal. Ive took a look at the discs and they look fine, the pads also look like they have plenty of meat left so maybe they could need more copper grease again? When i brake hard from say 50mph sometimes the abs will kick back at me. But if am easy on it then it slows eventually despite the loud drone and grinding feel. So im thinking brake related?

I havent had chance to fault find yet because of 12hour shifts but will start investigating it tomorrow. Just would like to try find out what it might be beforehand.

Cheers guys for any help :approve:

120d M-Sport
Wonky/uneven fitted pads a possibility?

Hmmm dunno to be honest matey, they have been in there since i got the car. Only done about 3000 miles since i got my 172 but they have always been fine. Now this starts :S starting to think the pads need more copper grease on. Think its all the hard braking thats done it. My discs are also grooved so i guess some of the grease will go in the grooves when i brake. So must need more? Thats what am hoping anyway :dapprove:

120d M-Sport
Hi guys thought id reply to this just incase anyone ever does the search for help :)

It turned out to be the pad on the drivers front wheel was on the metal. Its made my grooved disc a bit bumpy too. Only 1 pad on the metal the outer pad was like new. Obviously the original owner changed 1 pad at a time as there all different sizes of pad left lol. 4 new 1s fitted although 1 pad wont last long unless i get new discs asap :dapprove:

But at least the droning noise etc is now gone :D

Cheers for all the help people :star: