ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low battery warning message. Stop.

Clio sport 197
Hi everybody. I have a Clio 197 sport. Ever since I bought it 3 weeks ago, every time I drive it, after about 15mins the low battery, stop and battery lights come on and stay on. If I stop the car and restart it they go off, until 15mins have gone by. Alternator has been tested and is Charging. The battery is fine. Anybody got any ideas?

Clio sport 197
Hi. Thanks for replying. Yes, seems to be and in fact the alternator has been changed, admittedly for a tested 2nd hand one and it's doing exactly the same as before. I've been on line and seen a conversation on Clio 197 net and it seems its a thing with these cars. One guy cured it by getting the exact right alternator from Renault. I'm just trying to establish whether or not, that's the only way to cure it.

This is why the complexity of new(er) cars is bad, lol.

Not sure what else to suggest!

How old is the battery? Could it be worth cleaning all the connections on the battery and alternator?

Clio sport 197
Yeah, I've done all that. It's really strange and really annoying but the main thing is the battery never seems to go down and everything else is working fine. To be honest I've only really bought the car for track days so for now I'll see how it goes and keep my fingers crossed. Its great fun to drive. Can't wait to get it on the track.