ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

low down misfire

clio 172
Hi im a newbie here,

I have bought a phase 2 clio 172 sport with 40k miles and when i first picked it up it was idling lumpy ish but then found out out the previous owner did short journeys and used crap asda fuel. so i now use optimax and ran a injector cleaner through it. That did kind of smooth the idle out and thought i might give it a plug change. I Got a garage I used to work for change the plugs (they are a competant team they have their own race team they build engines for) Anyway i opted for some Bosch Super 4's job done. The car was much better still abit lumpy but few a far between and drove mildly better. Now over the last few days the car has a very apparent misfire between 1000rpm and 1250rpm on light throttle and when on choke quite noticable due to revving where its worst. Can any of you guys shed some light please. Do you reckon Coil pack or leads or it not liking the Bosch Super 4's? im still geting to know the french cars sense of humour;) but all thoughts welcome. P.S looks a good forum by the way guys.

53 Clio's & counting
possibly the super 4's mate,some might say it wont be,but i put super 4's in and mine did the same

oh and welcome!

been mentioned on here many times that the F4R engine doesnt react well to anything other than the NGK plugs

clio 172
well we have now treated the 172 to a new set of NGK Platinum plugs and a new Valeo coil pack from Euro car parts which is exactly the same as the original apart from missing the Renault stamp so thats a result. The car still has a low down misfire though :mad: So its must be the leads now they were looking a bit grubby and the od white patch on them from heat etc but the price is £109 from Renault and apparently you get a free tube of KY jelly to reduce the pain from being had over!!!!:eek: its all still work in progress. It wasnt this bad until the heat from the weather. Thanks for all your help guys.

clio 172
thanks for your help theduckeatspork vbmenu_register("postmenu_4035873", true); i will be investing in some of them in the next life when I have some money LOL Bloody French cars eat all my cash!!! LOL :D