ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low milage insurance cover?

Here's a longer story than it needs to be..

So it's time for my renewal on my Leon Cupra and I've waited until now to try and get the 172 insured as it's been off the road for a good while. I'm Currently with Adrian Flux who managed to get my renewal price on the Cupra down from £515 to £461 after price matching Brentacre. Greenlight wouldn't even quote as they said the price i already had was too good from Adrian Flux.

After getting the Cupra renewed i asked them about another policy for the 172 to which i believed i could have my NCD mirrored to help with the price. I was quoted £425 on a 1500 mile policy TPF&T only. I decided to use one of the comparison sites for a similar quote (although non modified, the car is only lowered and i'll put it back on standard springs if i need to). Esure / Sheilas Wheels came back at £350 comprehensive without any NCD applied!

I think that is reasonable but is there anywhere else i should try? Quite surprised at what Adiran Flux came back with to be honest.

Thanks.

Thanks mate, just gave them a call and unfortunately they can't match the price i got from the comparison site. Looks like i'll be getting my handbag and make-up insured if i decide to go with Sheilas Wheels!

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
My Z4 3.0i insurance finishes tomorrow with sky, renewal was £560. Aviva quoted me £205, plus with topcashback of £50 at the minute. Brings it down to £155 fully comp, that's 10k miles, with business cover and my wife who only has 2 years experience as second driver
Not sure what they'd do with a modified car, but worth checking as they seem crazy cheap.

Greenlight couldn’t quote near if i remember. Not heard of Keith Michaels but i’ll give them a go.

Quite disappointed with Adrian Flux, the price on the Cupra is pretty decent so thought with the very low mileage i’d do in the Clio and mirrored NCB it would come in at a decent price.

It’s only modified in the way of springs, when asking for a quote i asked what would be the cheapest as i don’t mind putting the standard ones back on for the amount of time it would be used.

My Z4 3.0i insurance finishes tomorrow with sky, renewal was £560. Aviva quoted me £205, plus with topcashback of £50 at the minute. Brings it down to £155 fully comp, that's 10k miles, with business cover and my wife who only has 2 years experience as second driver
Not sure what they'd do with a modified car, but worth checking as they seem crazy cheap.

Just tried them, £1800! Thanks anyway was worth a shot.

M140i/Orange 182
If it’s any help I’ve just renewed my multi car policy with admiral and the 182 came in at £168 full comp with 1000 miles a year.
That’s with springs and exhaust declared.