ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low mpg

172clio,205 GTI,MR2 turbo
Hi Guys

Have been looking around on here for a while now. My fiance has a PH1 172 sport. Mods are air filter and lowered. Car has was running fine for over a year with no problems at all. Recently it is running a little rough and is returning poor mpg(29) according to the comp. Normally it's around 35ish. I did an ecu reset and it's recently had new oil in it.
Any ideas?

Last service would have been 3 months ago. That was new mobil 1 oil, filter and cleaned the air filter. Before that it would have been a year.

I did wonder that but I don't think it would drop that much. Don't remember it doing it last year.
True that weather can affect it though. Remember when I had the TVR it would do 240 miles to £67 and when winter came on the same daily drive it dropped to around 120miles! Then went back up come summer.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
poss lambda sensor amybe, try Mark FIsh in Harlow,

TTRS & V50
Shouldn't be that low.

I don't drive like a girl and i get more that 29. So unless she is booting it a lot then possible lambda sensor as said, definally not the weather.

ph - Quick Silver!
am geting 21.5mpg out of my 172 an if you think thats bad its now showin 9.1mpg but my car is in need for a service