ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low tick over, 1.2 W reg

Clio 1.2, W reg
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help.

My girlfriends tick over is very low (approx. 500 rpm when warm) and sometimes cuts out when the clutch is down and turning :mad:

I've adjusted what I thought was the tick over, but I now think this is a throttle stop. Is the tick over set electronically? My adjustment has also made deceleration sharp and sometimes from cold the tick over is 1500prm!!!

Any help would be appreciated :cool:

Dave

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Check the idle control valve. I just done one on a 1.4 8v clio and the difference was night and day. Like a different car!!

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not sure on a 1.2 mate. Someone will be along with muchmore mechanical knowledge than me!

If its the same as a 1.4, take off the airbox and its a cylinder shaped black thing that screws to the throttle body. Got some wires that plug into it. Mine was coked in so much crap. I cleaned it all with carb cleaner and covered it in WD40 and it was like new.