ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering 60mm on standard shocks

clio 1.4 16v
I've just lowered mine 60/50 on standard shocks about a week ago, its a bit bouncy but ya get used to it, think most people would advise you too got shorter shocks tho, my car seems to be fine so far.

Static Low
i wouldnt do it to be honest.
heard bad things from people who have worked with cars for years and i respect what they say.

172 Cup
I had -60mm springs with standard shocks on my 1.2 Dynamique for over 2 years with no problems & it got regular abuse down bumpy country lanes where I live! Was bumpy but fun though :D

Luck of the draw I spose, going all out for coilies on me 182 however :approve:

clio 1.4 16v
i wouldn't mind knowin the answer to that aswell, i no the shocks wear a lot more, what dangers r there ?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Was considering this myself too..

From what I read;
1. If the car airs/lifts the shocks could come out (or something)
2. The shocks will wear down very quickly (not sure what happens once they're gone though).

K-tec do a -60mm set for £280.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Right. Its all aload of s**t. Look at it like this right. for a proper shock/spring setup its like 260 quid or a set of coilies yeh? or you can put springs on std shocks £60 and just drive it like that. if your shocks go, you can get another set from the scrappys for £100. My springs have been on for 3 months now i think and they are fine. I know people on here who have had them on for years and still going strong.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
my car has been lowered 50mm for about a year now and its fine, and my saxo before was lowered for about 4 years. both were on standard shocks. my thoughts are that you might as well run them on standard shocks until they die then upgraded them at that point

my car has been lowered 50mm for about a year now and its fine, and my saxo before was lowered for about 4 years. both were on standard shocks. my thoughts are that you might as well run them on standard shocks until they die then upgraded them at that point

that is what i was thinking of doing, just lowering on standards then IF they screw up then get some upgraded shocks, cheers guys thanks for the advice.