ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering advice needed!

Clio 1.2 8v (2002)
Hi. I have a clio 2002 1.2 (8v) and am looking to lower it. I have been thinking of changing the shocks and springs and lowering it 60mm. However, my model has a hole spacing of 52mm and I am finding it impossible to find a suitable kit as all the ones that are suitable for a 52mm spacing are only suitable up to the 98 models. Just wondering if these 98 kits would be suitable? If not, does anyone know where I could get the right kit for mine?

Also, I have been told that you can lower to a maximum of 40mm using just springs and keeping the standard shocks without affecting the standard shocks. Is this true, or will I just have a bouncy ride?

Cheers!

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
shocks will probably still fail prematurely, just not as prematurely on 40mm

afaik a 98 kit will fit. I have a spax kit on mine.

if your in scotland i know someone that has a koni adjustable shocks and springs set with 52mm spacing doing nothing

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
Hi, as long as the lower shock absorber spcaing is 52mm it will fit,but would not go over 40mm without changing shocks,if you do your standard shocks may only last about 6 months, maybe less!

The shocks may last 6 month or 6 years it depedns on lowered springs alone hence why uprated shocks are better plus the rides better.