ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering my 1.2 clio?

Clio 1.2/182cup
Hi everyone was just wondering what lowering springs to buy. Not really stupid so u cant get over speed bumps. I have a 1.2 mk2 Clio with 172/182 Alloys 16inch and 195 45 16 Tyres.

Thanks for your help
Tristan

Clio 1.5dci
Hi iv lowered my mk2 40mm and it will catch on the odd curb but it's fine going over speed bumps, and doesn't look stupidly low
Hi everyone was just wondering what lowering springs to buy. Not really stupid so u cant get over speed bumps. I have a 1.2 mk2 Clio with 172/182 Alloys 16inch and 195 45 16 Tyres.

Thanks for your help
Tristan

Clio 1.2/182cup
I did have a little read but I don't know of any good springs and what's best to lower it 60 all round or 60/40

Clio 1.5dci
I got mine from from losuspension.com around £80 and I haven't had any problems yet, but mines just 40 all round at the minute, 60mm you'd definitely scrape, I don't have pictures but iv got 16" alloys and the arches are level with the top of the wheel, if that's any help

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Thanks or your help wjat little thing are nice to do on a 1.2??
Led bulbs?
Some ideas for you:
  • Clear indicator bulbs
  • Clear side repeaters
  • Nice clean plates
  • Wheels
  • Lower
Much more would be bit over the top imo - all of the above are plans for my car as its still stock

EDIT: ClioSport window sticker :wink:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah okay. Think some companies are even an ass about changing even small stuff. Are they standard Renault 16's?

Clio 1.2/182cup
Mine so far

Attachments

• 20170204_172657.jpg
    20170204_172657.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 105

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice. Did you check into how much the insurance would cost if you do go lower?

Can't remember if you have?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Get a little saving pot together. I know it's boring and when I was your age I was told that and thought, that's boring but worth it. Trust me :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'm guess anything that makes the car appeal more, seats, lowz, wheels, steering wheel, exhaust, filter, etc etc will affect the insurance. And by your recent quote, a lot. Keep as it is, or so what you have said and enjoy.

Oh and get sone great tyres on there too. No idea what you have now