ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering

clio 1.4rt 5dr
hi there everyone, im looking for some advice quickly, my car is due an m.o.t. but ive just noticed a spring is broken, i was thinking about fitting 30-35mm springs anyway so i need to get it done. its a 99 5door with clio 172 16" wheels. will it be okay to fit the springs? thankyou all

clio 1.4rt 5dr
and also is it a pain in the ass job, does any1 possibly have an estimate on the time it will take as i will be fitting them myself??

kevyboy101 said:
and also is it a pain in the ass job, does any1 possibly have an estimate on the time it will take as i will be fitting them myself??
Its not difficult backs are dead easy 20 minutes at worse.
Fronts take a bit longer as the stuts got to come to pieces.
I'd say 2.5 hours in totali your talking your time and never done it before.
Onces you've got it mastered you could do it in 1.5 hours I'd guess.

clio rsi turbo, phase 2
if your fitting them just for looks, they still have to work for the mot test. which means you'll have to wire them in with a relay.

clio 1.4rt 5dr
well the badges say 1.4-RT but no fog lamps. think i will just leave them, too much hasstle for a little thing. and plus the horn is right behind the fog lamp hole cover on the bumper for some wierd reason.

clio 1.4rt 5dr
this place is good for advice u lot are a good help will be always coming here with my quieries, is a performance filter a good idea for the car?

kevyboy101 said:
this place is good for advice u lot are a good help will be always coming here with my quieries, is a performance filter a good idea for the car?
My personal opinion is most of them are only useful to make a bit more noise (each to there own regards this) and it helps lower the cost of servicing as you can reuse them.

clio 1.4rt 5dr
if anyone has any pictures of a modified clio 5 door (99) could u please show them.. ive not seen any. thnks