ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering

Ive recently got hold of some -40mm lowering springs and im looking around for someone to fit them for me. I was just wondering how much to pay for it doing? Ive only got one quote so far which was £85! Surely I can get it done cheaper than this?

Well, £85 for fitting two springs is a lot..

If its £85 quid to fit the springs and then lower the torsion bar, thats quite a good price I think!

The Mk1 Clio has a Torsion Bar, so if you just get the two springs fitted, then itll be low at the front, and high at the back.. and look very poor and itll handle like a boat.

Daz.

hey, IAN_CLIO, i live near rotherham, i might know someone who might be able to fit them for you, he works at a garage and hell do it cheap.

Im from Darfield nr Barnsley. Daz, the quote was for the lot doin, but the guy dint known anything about the load compensator, am I right in thinking this needs adjusting or is that just with rear disks? cliMo, Could you send us a pm about your mates garage?

cheers, Ian

that quote i got for £85 the other day is starting to look quite good. I went to one place today and they quoted £150! (thats with me providing the springs) and another place wouldnt touch the car as they said its too old (its only just 6 years old and its done 60,000) surely theyre tryin it on.

Oh, if you know how to do it yaself that is.. you dont need to buy springs or anything is what I meant..

Youd have to buy coilovers if you wanted to do the same on a new Clio!