ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering

Hello peoples!

Quick question about Lowering Springs! I have an 04 reg Clio 16V dynamique, 1.2! I am currently in the process of buying some and was wondering about a few of the things which i might need to concider. For Example,

1. How many springs do i need?

2. Whats the best amount to drop it by?

3. Whats the best make?

4. Any recommendations for getting it fitted? (Live down south near croydon).

Thanks,

Any comments will be much appriciated......

RS Megane DCi 175

1. 4
2. 40mm / 60mm. 40mm on standard shocks (i.e. just springs) or you can get 60mm kits with uprated shocks & springs.
3. Apex / Eibach IMO
4. Do it yourself! ;)

Do a search on here as well mate - theres loads of options really. It comes down to looks/ride quality and how much you want to spend.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

4 springs... which come together, you rarely buy them seperately.

Drop it 60mm, anything less just isnt worth it imo. Although on standard 15s itll sit pretty low - bad if you live where i live, otherwise its fine.

Apex are probably the best 60mm springs youll get. Otherwise go for eibachs (45mm/30mm) or H&Rs (30mm)

fit them yourself, not difficult at all.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

after watching the springs being fitted, id have ago myself if i were you, Im glad i got fred to do mine just in case i ran into rubbing the arches problem with my wheels.

but as far as it being 6 bolts to do the frint and a couple at the rear i would say have a go at it, there are lots of cliosport members that would give you a hand probably near where you live for a beer or two....

sounds good! i think i may aswel have a go......If any one knows a clio sport member in the south east that might be able to help then please get them to contact me via this or my email.....

mailto:i_aint_no_buffalo@hotmail.com">i_aint_no_buffalo@hotmail.com!

And as the_ferret says im sure there will be more then a coupla beers in return!