ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lucky escape

Octavia VRS
Ouch some mess

Going slightly off topic, I was watching a rerun of 5th Gear last night where they crashed a new Espace into a 9 year old model at 35mph. The new one is the safest car NCAP have ever tested and the airbag never even deployed on impact due to the strength of the crumple zones. However due to the strength of the new Espace, it would have killed the driver of the old Espace as it went right through to the drivers area.

Mondeo STTDCI
They are safe, but the survival is nothing to do with the car IMHO in that incident. Pure luck.

Lots of Alfas
I agree the driver was very lucky. There was an article in the Sun last year about someone who tried to commit suicide in a mk2 clio by driving it off a cliff but still survived.

MKIII 138
clio`s are safe, but an interesting point raised there... if cars get tougher for their occupants its inevitably going to have concequences for the things it hits i.e slightly less strong cars, so it could become a battle of the strongest shell.

the Mercedes Mclaran SLR has a hundreds honeycomb carbon fiber layers in the nose to gradually soften the impact of a blow.. straight from F1 technology, hence prince dick head naseem walked out of his slr unharmmed in a head on collision and wearing no seatbelt.. shame then that only the rich and wrekless get these technologies, wonder how long it will be before this carbon fiber impact technology arrives in our clio`s ???? 10yrs ? but at least it will be light, rather than bloting the car up with steel bars which stop the car deforming but do little to reduce impact forces for the passengers inside.

Racing Blue 182
thats bad, but i was pure look the driver survived.

If there had been any passengers, they would have had no chance

Megane Mk4
0,,2005480580,00.jpg

0,,2005480581,00.jpg

Its hard to believe the driver of the car survived but the lorry driver didnt :eek:

Wouldnt have thought ANYthing would climbed out of that clio alive

I got caught up in this when going to work on the tuesday. the accident that caused the tail back was horiffic tho.

Some poor soul had an accident, the driver managed to get out but the passenger was stuck. His legs were trapped and the car caught fire :(