ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lumpy when idle and juddery at low revs/speeds

My 1.2 MK2 PH2 has always seemed to run quite "lumpy" when idling but as of tuesday seems to be quite juddery at low speeds and revs. Last time I filled up was monday so I'm hoping it's just a dodgy batch of petrol but was wondering if anyone has experienced this before. It also seems to go away as the engine warms up. Any ideas?

ClioSport 172 Cup
restricted/blocked fuel filter? Inlet air leak? Compression loss on cylinders? old crapped up Spark plugs? knackered HT leads? Get the compression tested first on all cylinders to rule out a head gasket problem. My brothers clio used to run lumpy and sound quite weird in the low revs when his head gasket went.
Have you checked your coolant levels to see if its falling any, or your oil filler cap for cream, or your spark plugs for water? If those signs are not there more than likely its ignition problem or sensor.

If it gets better as the engine gets hot then it might be one of your sensors, like the lambda.

Last edited: