ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M.O.T. Advisey Items.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Just got my MOT done today after it failed yesterday on emmisions and
one fog light.:dapprove:

The exhaust was blowing from the join between the cat and centre section, exhaust putty sorted that.
One of the fog lights failed (the only thing I forgot to check)
new bulb sorted that.

Advisory items:
Frount discs slighty worn.
Frount discs slighty pitted. (getting Brembo HCs soon)

Exhaust Noisey, that one made me laugh, untill they said they nearly failed it for excessive noise! wtf? (GDi/Piper Stealth) passed three mots before now.

Offside frount constant velocity joint gaiter deteriorated.

Nearside & offside frount suspension has slight play in lower suspension ball joint.

Nearside & offside (rack end) ball joint has slight play.

What do I do about the ball joints? Replace them or are there related bushes that need replacing?

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i just had the same advisory on mine in regard to the ball joints and gator. got them fixed for about £80 including parts (hard to say exactly as i had the tracking done at the same time) if i remember correctly though ball joints are about £13 each

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
i just had the same advisory on mine in regard to the ball joints and gator. got them fixed for about £80 including parts (hard to say exactly as i had the tracking done at the same time) if i remember correctly though ball joints are about £13 each

Was the work done at an independent garage?