ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M.O.T Fail

F56 MINI Cooper S
Took my Clio into Renault today for an annual service and M.O.T. Anyway, called me once it was ready to tell me that it had failed the M.O.T due to the windscreen washer jet not working on the front (fair do's, knew it needed doing), and also that my CLEAR side repeaters should be orange ones and not clear. The bulb itself flashes orange yet just has a clear plastic repeater over it.

It passed the MOT last year with these on and it passed, are they just being petty or is it a genuine fail for having them on? I thought newer model clios had them on as standard...

F56 MINI Cooper S
Yeah knew it was crap, taking it in again tomorrow morning to have the washer jet fitted and I have put the standard orange ones back on now, they should have nothing to moan about now!

Clear side reps will be going straight back on when i get back

Megane dci 130
All new Renaults come with clear repeaters! Like said above, should have an orange bulb inside though.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
take them to view a car in the show room, grab them by the hair and show them the clear side repeaters, or take it up with vosa, now that would be funny.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
you mite not need new washer jets 95% of the time when im moting a car and the washer jets dnt work they probably just need blowing out.

BG182FF
forget that, duaghter got hold of my laptop lol. but ive never failed my mot with bulbs, though i have led ones now

Mk5 golf gti
looking at the vosa folder they just require to flash amber the clear lense is fine

Clio 172mk2
mines had black side repeaters for years, fred did them ,still flashes orange , pass`s every time

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Always MOT my car in a drive through MOT, (MOT whilst u wait) and never seen them test the washer jets! :S