ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M3 CSL?

Breaking A 172 Replica
I agree.

Love the sound of them.

Bit like marmite though.

Some people hate them and think they sound like lawnmowers.

C

clio172cup20

Very nice....
There's ment to be a CSL version in the E92 shape.
Should be intresting... ;)

M2 Competition
I remember sitting outside at a shires meet last summer, when a csl roared up the a4 past our table. Sounded awesome.

I saw one a pod back when it was launched.

Sounded so awesome coming up the strip. I was standing basically by the timing boards at the end and heard it from the launch all the way up :D

Breaking A 172 Replica
I remember driving one...

The only quick car I have ever driven and I loved it. The sport button seems to make all the difference.

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
love the tune:D that is a normal m3 not a csl

Nah mate thats a CSL with the 19" Normal M3 wheels on no mistaking the induction of the CSL over the normal M3 as i used to have the M3 Cab and the noise of that wasnt a patch on this.

Seen them in the flesh at donnington on a BMW owners day, on track they sound fantastic 10 times better than mine just made me jealous! Never drove one though, drove the normal m3 with the SMG box and didnt like it but i was only in it for 20 mins so perhaps not long enough to get a good drive of it. And also the sport button doesnt make that much difference like in the M5 just sharpens up the throttle response doesnt give no more power, that saying it does make it slightly better to drive.....

Hmmmm to wait for new m3 or to get a CSL!?!

E90
LOL Only topped by the lap in the popping and banging caterham. CSL had silly amounts of neg camber and AP racing 8 pots I think

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
What gets your vote mate? I do also like the sound of the old alfa v6 engines!! Anyone else with there favourites?

Turbos.
Well considering it doesn't run ITBs the NSX makes an amazing noise... but to be fair it's hard to beat a Ferrari. Astons sound good but a lot of the modern cars are more concerned with exhaust note.

A silver Honda
Was there any need for that 'numa numa' song?:nono:

Just sounds like a tuned K20 engine with ITBs to me...me likes!

Best engine noise ever! Jesus now thats a whole can of worms lol!

A Big Westlake 5.0 v8 roaring through quad twin choke carbs as fitted to the original gt40 racers takes some beating!

Exhaust noise is easy, a UR quattro rally car! mmm.

Monaro VXR
I must be in the minority who cant stand M3's apart form the E30 which is gorgeous. I just cant stand the noise they make. No way I could drive around in it sounding like that the exhaust would have to go straight away with something that actually gave a nice sound to it.

And to me yank V8's generally make the best noise around. You just cant beat the noise. European V8's just dont have the same low burble to them.