ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Laptop Spec - Photoshop and Video Editing

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
The hard drive in my laptop seems to have cried enough and, as it's old and pretty crap anyway, I think it's probably time to buy something new.

I've started to do a bit of video stuff recently, so I want something that can cope with video editing, and some Photoshop too, as I'd like to get back into doing that really.

Does anyone have any recommendations in terms of spec, or what to look for/avoid?

Something at the budget end please, as I'm tight and would rather spend money on cars than computers.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
The hard drive in my laptop seems to have cried enough and, as it's old and pretty crap anyway, I think it's probably time to buy something new.

I've started to do a bit of video stuff recently, so I want something that can cope with video editing, and some Photoshop too, as I'd like to get back into doing that really.

Does anyone have any recommendations in terms of spec, or what to look for/avoid?

Something at the budget end please, as I'm tight and would rather spend money on cars than computers.
Definitely no expert (really...) but is a laptop definitely what you need?

From my computer days (10 years ago...) it was much much much cheaper to buy a PC than it was to buy a laptop of the same spec. Its a space issue mainly. If you can settle on a desktop as opposed to a laptop, you should get much more bang for your buck!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Some of the cheaper end of gaming laptops will run those programmes.

Even my cheap £400 Dell laptop will run the latest Photoshop and Premiere Pro.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182

very pleased with my purchase and there is a big difference between my old bottom of the range laptop, to this new middle of the range laptop

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Some of the cheaper end of gaming laptops will run those programmes.

Even my cheap £400 Dell laptop will run the latest Photoshop and Premiere Pro.

Photoshop isn't really the issue I suppose, as anything that will cope with video editing will cope with what I'm likely to do on PS I guess.