ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M5 Wagon

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Spent the day on the wagon as it was dry!

- Wash
-Dry
- Clay
- Wash
- Dry
-3x Autoglym Resin
-1x Autoglym Extra Gloss
-1x Autoglym HD

Real shame this color does not photograph well, Iphone pics don't help. Looks mega in the flesh when the sun hits it.

IMG_1322.JPG
IMG_1323.JPG
IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1327.JPG
IMG_1330.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Lovely, Ant mate.

Am i right in saying only US cars were able to be spec’d with a 6 speed manual box?

Got to say, one of these in manual is stuff dreams are made of.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely, Ant mate.

Am i right in saying only US cars were able to be spec’d with a 6 speed manual box?

Got to say, one of these in manual is stuff dreams are made of.

Yanks had the 6 speed option yes but they only ever got the saloon. Estate Europe only :)

Listerine & Poledo
Are these the ones that throw rod bearings the second they go out of warranty?

Mates old man had one, entirely silly machine. Lovely engine. Begs for a set of switchable straight pipes. Heroic.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Are these the ones that throw rod bearings the second they go out of warranty?

Mates old man had one, entirely silly machine. Lovely engine. Begs for a set of switchable straight pipes. Heroic.

Mines under bmw warranty fortunately and will remain that way. It's advisable to change the rod bearings when you hit 80k, pot luck but not worth the risk. Mines only covered just over half that mileage so no dramas.

I am jealous.

Although going from what I read in the internetz, the bork factor is strong with the V10 lol

EDIT: I should have refreshed before posting, as it's literally just been mentioned 😂

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely. My dads mates had one since new although it’s a saloon and maroon. Dare I say maroon isn’t the best colour for them..lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Lovely. My dads mates had one since new although it’s a saloon and maroon. Dare I say maroon isn’t the best colour for them..lol

An ex member from here has one too, silly rare colour iirc, Tom?

He’s just after getting an X5M and an Alpina of some description. <3

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Looked after with the right wax combo maroon is a nice colour. So long as it doesn't have cream interior....

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
An ex member from here has one too, silly rare colour iirc, Tom?

He’s just after getting an X5M and an Alpina of some description. <3

X5 went for the alpina cos it was a bucket.
I want to say it's Indianapolis red but I could be wrong. It's metallic jobby is what it is.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
X5 went for the alpina cos it was a bucket.
I want to say it's Indianapolis red but I could be wrong. It's metallic jobby is what it is.

Ah right, he’s cryptic as the pyramids that fucker so you never ken whats what car wise.

Lovely motor that M5. Sounds like a lion being dildo’d with a chain saw AFAIK.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Spent the day on the wagon as it was dry!

- Wash
-Dry
- Clay
- Wash
- Dry
-3x Autoglym Resin
-1x Autoglym Extra Gloss
-1x Autoglym HD
was all that applied by hand and had it been machine polished prior to you detailing it.

My carbon black M3 has quite a few swirl marks and I can't decided whether to have it done by a pro or just keep applying the AG products by hand myself. I have put some poor boys black hole on which has helped, but when it's in my garage under the light the swirl marks annoy me.

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Just buy a decent DA, I didn't for years and wouldn't be without one now. My MX-5 went into the dealer recently for its second service and I told them to not clean it, they did anyway (thanks!) and completely fucked the lacquer coat up, 4 hrs with the DA and its great again now.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
was all that applied by hand and had it been machine polished prior to you detailing it.

My carbon black M3 has quite a few swirl marks and I can't decided whether to have it done by a pro or just keep applying the AG products by hand myself. I have put some poor boys black hole on which has helped, but when it's in my garage under the light the swirl marks annoy me.
Pro

Evo 5 RS
Just buy a decent DA, I didn't for years and wouldn't be without one now. My MX-5 went into the dealer recently for its second service and I told them to not clean it, they did anyway (thanks!) and completely fucked the lacquer coat up, 4 hrs with the DA and its great again now.

Yeah I don't know what it is about some of these places, I guess it's because you're basically telling someone not to do their job because you think they're s**t at it, and then they prove you right.