ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mac help please!

182 Cup
I know nothing about macs (really, nothing), but hopefully someone on here can help!

The problem:

I want to upgrade to Mac OS X update combined 10.5.8, but it says I don't have enough memory to do it. It does say that I can go and delete some stuff from the memory, but I don't really know where to start to see what's on the memory or what can/can't be deleted. And i don't want to screw up the system as it's not mine!

Cheers,

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Size of the update can vary, hence the reason why its asking you to delete some stuff off the memory. Right click on the Mac HD>Get Info that should tell you how much space is free.
Then double click it to get to Docs, Pics, etc and move stuff to an external drive??

57 Clio Campus Sport
If it's not yours you probably shouldn't delete anything without asking owner.

But a very useful program is disk inventory x. It tells you where memory is being used and has a block breakdown thing which shows files as a % of total space