ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mac help :(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
My macbook is 13 months old.

I got a message up on my battery meter saying "Service battery" about 4 months ago. I took it into apple and he said update the software, nothing to worry about. did that and it was fine...

Now though, my battery has gone really wiered. Full charge lasts 40 mins with the brightness down to 10% and my lit keybord switched off. I know the batterys degenerate over time but surely this is taking the piss?

Can anyone advise on my best course of action?

The "service battery" sign has come back on again too :(

Help?
Luke

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Iv never used it lol :eek:

Don't even know what its for or what it covers.

Will ring them up tomorrow, just wanted to make sure I had a leg to stand on. I'm not used to this 'proper' customer care.

After 13 month? Surely that's not right? My no brand Windows laptop lasted three times as long as that.

Sorry never read that first time round. Apple are meant to be pretty good with this stuff.. Worth booking an appointment through the Genius Bar?

182 & Porsche 986
book it in at genius bar at meadowhall, mines been there a few times they always fix it no questions :)

Ford Focus ST2
One of my MB 13" battery was the same after only 7 months, took it to apple, and it was replaced no question asked!

Fiat Panda 100hp
Check Apple > about this Mac > More Info > Power > Check the cycle count. I think they last typically 400 cycles, so it depends how much you use it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Check Apple > about this Mac > More Info > Power > Check the cycle count. I think they last typically 400 cycles, so it depends how much you use it.

On 710 cycles now, battery is better than ever. You just have to look after them ;)

Do brApple know if you have it or not, cos I'm f**ked if not.

I haven't got it, and so far i've not needed it (touch wood) after 2.5 years.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Feirny said:
Do brApple know if you have it or not, cos I'm fucked if not.
You buy it upon purchace of the mac mate u think. It comes in a White box with a book inside

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Well they won't replace it as it's done 322 charge cycles. If it had done 300 they would have.

For f***s sake. Let down or what. Has knocked me a bit tbh, I used my old laptop a lot more than this and it lasted ages. I even looked after the battery, ran it down properly etc.

Gutted as new batterys are a fortune.

322 charges in 13 months? Thats quite a lot no?

Even still thats a joke, you're only slightly over aswell!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'd keep complaining mate. You went in 4 months ago and the issue wasn't fixed.

This is a result of the incompetence of the person dealing with you on the first visit.

Book another appointment. Explain that you're disappointed and it's put you off Apple products. You bought AppleCare for a reason etc.

If he doesn't budge. Ask for a manager. Tell them the same. If they still refuse, tell them you'll complain direct. They'll give you another one.

Customer service is very important to them.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Thanks for the advice. So the plan of attack is to just be persistent?

Here is my battery stats:

Screenshot2010-02-22at160923.gif

Its well a joke. Any one know if I will get anywhere ringing up the customer line thats in my apple care thing?

Am I un-necessarily being an awkward customer or would you guys be equally as annoyed?

In there defense, the guy did say he wouldn't buy the battery from apple as they are over priced, but I should look on ebay etc. Even still they are a bomb.

Yeah, go back to Apple fo sho.

TBF, it's probably not the guys fault. 300 is their policy and he's just doing what he's told. But if you complain to a manager they will over-rule it because of how important it is for them to have happy customers.

Wouldn't hurt to give AppleCare a call. See what they say.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Right, Indian guy pulls through. What a legend!

He's sending me a new battery through the post! I had to give him
My card details though :s but gave him the one of my Internet account with no monies in it incase he was dodgy.

Brilliant! :D