ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Macbook and Macbook Pro

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Is there really £200 worth of difference between the 2? I will mainly be using it for browsing, phot editing and bit of word processing etc.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
IMO (i have the MB) then save ur £200 if u're using it for those purposes.

I use it for exactly the same purposes, and its perfectly fine for me.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Is it pretty much future proof? I want to be keeping it for about 4-5 years with amount you have to pay for one so dont want components that are out of date in 6 months

How can it be future proof? It'll be no different to any other laptop in that regard. The difference being Mac OSX doesn't need an octo-core i12 processor and 8GB of RAM just load into memory. I keep saying it - spec chasing in laptops is a mug's game.

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
For what you use it for, a MacBook is fine.

MacBook Pro's are brilliant though. I bought one because I could upgrade the RAM to what I required. Also because the keyboard glows.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
as long as i get a good few years out of it. dont want anything that will set the world on fire performance wise as can always update my desktop pc, want something that is going to be solid, reliable and still able to run programs to a decent standard in 4-5 years. I have my ps3 for gaming so that doesnt intertest me in the slightest

Suzuki Ignis
For what you use it for, a MacBook is fine.

MacBook Pro's are brilliant though. I bought one because I could upgrade the RAM to what I required. Also because the keyboard glows.

Ya, I was gutted when I bought mine and then they released the glowy pro.

as long as i get a good few years out of it. dont want anything that will set the world on fire performance wise as can always update my desktop pc, want something that is going to be solid, reliable and still able to run programs to a decent standard in 4-5 years. I have my ps3 for gaming so that doesnt intertest me in the slightest

Well in that case you can't go wrong. The MBPs are solid. They don't feel like any other laptop in the world. You can also dual boot Windows if you ever fancy reminding yourself how s**t it is.

Go Pro.

Suzuki Ignis
Solid state drives,

Read somewhere that you can just add them. This true?
So you have a spinny HD and a solid drive to or do you have to buy it fitted?And is there software that can turn off the normal drive so its not spinning at all?

Does that make sense?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
All macbooks have a light up apple :)

If it was me though i'd get pro this time, only reason i didn't get pro last time was because i was a pikey sixth form student :rasp:

Titanium 182
All macbooks have a light up apple :)

If it was me though i'd get pro this time, only reason i didn't get pro last time was because i was a pikey sixth form student :rasp:

The black and white macbooks don't do they ? I swear they didn't used to.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Im swaying towards pro and didnt realise NHS staff get discount. My girlfriends mum is a nurse. Result! Do apple stores just accept the discount when you show them the ID?

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
its about 13%-15% ...although you can get applecare for a 15" pro for £58 (£270 usually)!!!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Ordered my pro today from currys. Got the magic mouse and the 13.3 pro for £945 which i think is a good enough deal.Got 10% discount. delivered on tuesday next week

Suzuki Ignis
Can you buy apple care separate? Or do you have to get it at the time of purchase?

They've given me a grand :) but I have to buy it from Curry's :(

Welcome to the Alpha-Elite. You are now officially a better person than the Windows using forum plebs and their creaky, clattering, laptops made from recycled lemonade bottles (Happy Shopper lemonade). You can now also vote Tory today with pride.

</high_loller>

Suzuki Ignis
Photo0423.jpg

That is all :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
You've made the right decision.
You now have a bigger penis than anyone who doesn't have an MBP.
Mine's huge 'cos I have an i7 :cool:

Suzuki Ignis
^ I bought a glowy keyboard and got the 15" screen with 500gb HD, 4gb ram with i7 for free ;)
Got it at a good price I think and blagged a free bag too.