ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Macbook trackpad broken :o( Any Birmingham repairers?

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
My trackpad 'clicker' is fooked, using a PC mouse and the left clicker permanently pressed down isn't what I call fun!!

I have asked for a quote from 'Bad Apples' located in Birmingham and they said £140 (it's out of warranty). I have also asked for a quote from a place in Wednesbury but they haven't got back to me yet. Is there any other local B'ham Apple repairers, bar Apple themselves?

I would also need the rest replaced as there is a crack in it. Does £140 sound expensive or cheap?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
There is a place in Tewkesbury who do apple repairs. They send a jiffy bag etc.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Fixed it myself, the battery was swollen, putting pressure on the trackpad.

Took the battery out, opened the case and made a small hole in each battery pouch, releasing the gasses that had built up and then resealing it with tape.

Now everything works fine and I am no poorer for doing it!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Fixed it myself, the battery was swollen, putting pressure on the trackpad.

Took the battery out, opened the case and made a small hole in each battery pouch, releasing the gasses that had built up and then resealing it with tape.

Now everything works fine and I am no poorer for doing it!!

Woah. That doesnt sound safe.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Fair enough, i'd get a new battery. But then thats just me.