ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Macbook - worth the money?

I want to go and buy a macbook today?

Worth the £699? I have never had an apple machine before. Will need to use boot camp to run windows for AutoCAD though I think?

Or should I just go and spend £450 on a normal laptop?

It certainly is:)

Switched in January from a PC and never looked back, i have to use PC's at school and it always seems such a chore, using the Mac is a pleasure.

If at all possible, get a student to go in with you and you get a nice discount.:)

RB 182
Get a Mac and you won't look back, I've heard that Windows runs more stable on a Mac than a PC as well.

Student? How does that work? Missus is a student. She's coming with, so can I say it's for her and get abit off? lol

Am going to the apple shop in town.

Student? How does that work? Missus is a student. She's coming with, so can I say it's for her and get abit off? lol

Am going to the apple shop in town.

University students get something like 15% off and 3 years hardware warranty included. You have to buy from Apple though. (There's a special university Apple Store which only allows university computers in (well, University IP/Hostnames in))

133, 182, Kangoo 182
If you provide proof of education you can get a discount I believe... at least I swear that's what I've heard from the sales guys at my work.

B

Brown.

Best thing i ever did was switch....get one from pc world if youra studant discount, if not get the insurance, gives 40 pound off, then just cancell it when you get home

then upgrad your ram to 4gb via ebay

I couldn't get a discount, as obviously not a student lol.

In the end, I decided against the macbook, and got a new toshiba laptop. I couldn't justify spending the £900 it would cost tbh. I would have wanted the middle range one, then would need to sort getting some software (Archicad, iwork etc) and I got my laptop for £450 and it's a good spec, and I already have AutoCAD.

I don't use it all that much, so it wasn't worth it for me! The macbook is so sexy, but for the amount it'd get used, it isn't worth it.

Now to get all my iTunes from my ipod to this new laptop. Hassle.