ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook

Hi,

I am pretty sure (90%!) that I will buy the white MacBook (120GB), but have never used a mac before! They seem very functional, meet my needs and for the price (£700) im not getting a much better PC anyway.

Is it that hard to learn to use them? Has anyone here got one?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Alex

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
lol - they're piss easy, easier than PC's!!

i think lots of people have them on here...i love using them but sadly do not own one!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Not hard to learn to use at all. I bought a iMac last October after many years of Windows only computing. I wouldn't go back now.

TeZ

Non RS : (
i have had one for about 6 years and i wouldnt go back to a pc,

very easy to learn. good luck fella.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Be same as a PC. Only difference between a MAC and a Windows PC apart from the interface is the fact that you don't have to reinstall a mac every 6 months lol

182 Trophy
Get one - I brought a macbook at xmas and purchased a imac last saturday - great machines.

Rav4
i'm still getting used to it - in terms of technical stuff not basic use :p

getting a nice macbook pro for £800 brand new shortly !

306 TD Slut
Gabi =
rhubarbstrawberrymarmalade.jpg
y git!!

Clio 197
I bought one, delivered yesterday. I've very pleased with it.

2.16 GHz, 120GB, DVD RW DL.

I've finally got 3 partitions on it:

1) Mac OS
2) XP on NTFS
3) Files/Photo/Music

My aim is to move over to Mac OS over time... so for now I have an XP patition which I'll use until I get used to Mac OS.

In the meantime, I've created an image of my XP installation and stored it on DVD. If I have any issues, it's easily restored using Bart PE without the need for re-installation.

Excellent hardware... best of both worlds.

Have a look here for info on how to create the 3-way partition:

http://twoyearstwodays.blogspot.com/

306 TD Slut
i get ya, makes sense really. im sure you'll have hours of fun on the mac even with no software installed. dude, check your pm's.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

I am pretty sure (90%!) that I will buy the white MacBook (120GB), but have never used a mac before! They seem very functional, meet my needs and for the price (£700) im not getting a much better PC anyway.

Is it that hard to learn to use them? Has anyone here got one?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Alex

You've hit the nail on the head there. If it does what you want it to, then go for it!

I'm increasingly liking Macs for what they can do and what they are capable of. Especially the Macbooks - and coming from a laptop-hater, that means a lot!

Would I have a Mac? No. Simply because my PC usage at home is split between 10% internet, 10% forum usage and 80% PC gaming. That last bit just kills the Mac for me. As good as they are, they are light-years behind in terms of gaming. For how long though, who knows?

D.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I boot into Vista using Bootcamp and XP using Parallels whenever I really need to use Windows for anything. The Mac can do all I need.

I'm going to pick it up this weekend, but am a bit worried about transfering word and powerpoint documents between the two, is this hard to do, and is it true that it doesnt work well?

Thanks,

Alex

Citroen DS3 DSport
No problems at all using these files. iWork 08 has full support for Office documents. Failing that get Office for Mac.

Thanks for the feedback, my girlfreind needs to download word files to use and also create detailed stuff and import to word and doesnt want me to get it if its gonne screw with her work, anyone ever had problems with this?

RB 182
My next laptop will be a MacBook Pro, can't see why anyone would not get a Mac now days when you can use Windows on one. I'm just waiting for Leopard to come out.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What's the key difference between a MacBook and MacBook Pro? Admittedly, the stuff I did on both didn't stress the laptop(s) in any way, but I didn't really see much difference between the two?

D.

RB 182
What's the key difference between a MacBook and MacBook Pro? Admittedly, the stuff I did on both didn't stress the laptop(s) in any way, but I didn't really see much difference between the two?

D.
More or less everything is better, faster processor, bigger screen, dedicated graphics etc and it looks better ;)

As said somewhere else, once you go Mac, you don't go back ;)

Well, my Macbook Pro is sat in the bottom of a wardrobe - my nice Dell laptop, which was purchased a year later, is sat on my lap writing this post... so not always true ;)

Black 133 Cup
Hmmm. Can I ask why? If it's writing, Mac's now have almost identical MS Office applications.

Edit *too much haste but leaves it anyway*

What advantage does it have?