ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mafia III

So this game was not released for review, but out today.

No real impressions out there yet. Anyone got it or seen any gameplay?

I'm not sure how good or bad it will be - holding back review copies can't be a positive thing?

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I'm not holding out too much hope.
Too many other good games coming out.
Will probably pick a copy up after Christmas for 25 quid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Pre ordered and it was delivered this morning. Will play it a little this evening and report back...

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I was really looking forward to it but the lack of review copies has got me very worried.

Love the previous game so fingers crossed but I won't be buying before a review comes out.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
I've played about an hour so far on Xbox One. I'm not sure if it's my Xbox or disc or what is going on but the cutscenes and some of the gameplay is laggy/jumpy and its rather frustrating. It will jump a few times for a few seconds and then play fine until it happens again.

Also the cutscenes look far better than the actual gameplay, one thing I noticed is one of the cutscenes shows Lincoln's brother pulling up in a SHINY black car. Then it cuts to gameplay and the car has poor shadows/reflections or whatever and it looks like it's matte and it changes with what angle your looking at. Really weird, other than that from what I've played it's pretty good, I'm going to force myself to like it anyways as I really enjoyed mafia 2 and I've been looking forward to this game as there are no other new games coming out soon that I'm really interested in.

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Publishers pushing for deadlines, and they never learn. As per always wait awhile for the patches to roll out.
Yeah I just jumped on the hype train without putting much research into it and just pre ordered it without a second thought haha

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
I've completely given up preordering things now, this happens way too many times!
The last game I pre ordered before Forza Horizon 3 and Mafia 3 was Forza Horizon 2 and that was 2 years ago now, since then I have only bought Forza Motorsport 6 about 2 weeks after it released.

This year I have been much more interested by the games that are coming out like Forza Horizon 3 and Mafia 3, I pre ordered them without really researching as I knew I wanted them anyway as there is nothing else I'm interested in except for maybe Watch Dogs 2.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
The last game I pre ordered before Forza Horizon 3 and Mafia 3 was Forza Horizon 2 and that was 2 years ago now, since then I have only bought Forza Motorsport 6 about 2 weeks after it released.

This year I have been much more interested by the games that are coming out like Forza Horizon 3 and Mafia 3, I pre ordered them without really researching as I knew I wanted them anyway as there is nothing else I'm interested in except for maybe Watch Dogs 2.

I gave in and pre ordered with No Mans Sky and I think that will have put me off for life!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
The impression I'm getting is that on PS4, the bugs aren't terrible, the gameplay is a little clunky and nothing groundbreaking but the story and characters are very engaging and really pretty good. I'm still mighty tempted.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I put in around 4 hours i guess. No real bugs for me but christ was it a disappointment. No where near as good as the last two. Ive given up on it and sold, its literally the same thing over and over and over for every mission. Properly crap.