ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Magnex problem

OK, i got my new Magnex exhaust fitted today but i have a few problems.

1. The exhaust is rattling around quite a bit and is hittng parts of the car underneath. The mechanic said that if i had any such problems he may have to remove a heat shield under the car. Is this right or is there any way to stop the exhaust from causing so much noise.

2. When the car has been parked for a while and i drive off the revs will not go above 2K no matter what gear i am in and no matter how hard i press the accelator. The revs start to drop but after a minute or so the revs pick up and the car runs fine ???

I was thinking maybe a build of gasses and then the blockage clears ??? Any suggestions..

yes i had mine magnex bang on the heat sheild he just knocked a bit away from it did not remove it, as for number 2 i have no idea

Renault Laguna Coupe

1. Your Magnex should fit properly without removing the heat shield - the fitter might need to play about under the car, but it should fit perfectly - no rattle, nothing. Its an expensive thing - insist that its done right.

2. Have you tried resetting your ECU? Do a search to find out how to do it.

[Edited by telford_mike on 06 May 2004 at 8:26am]

done a quick search for resetting my ECU. Nothing came up, only references to re-mapping the ECU.. Anymopre suggestions ??

NOt really no, but get it to hang correctly by bending the hangers, no biggie.

As for the running problem.....its NOT the exhaust.

it really shouldnt and cant cause that problem.

Did you damage the lambda sensor in anyway?

the lambda sensor......thats the only thing they could of really broken whilst changing exhaust.

There are two revisions of MK1 172 exhasuts, up to ~Jan2001 it had one exhaust sensor after that it had two ( to do with emission regs). I remember this caused problems at the time with Magnex exhausts but that was basically the original magnex only had a mount for one sensor.

Would have thought you would have some lights on the dash during the rev limit ?

no lights at all. the revs just will not go above 2k, then start to drop, as if the car is about to stall. a short while later (10 - 20 secs) the drive returns to normal. goig to take it back in tomorrow and get the rattles fixed and ask him about the other prob.