ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Main fusible link blown

RB 182
Was driving my car earlier and suddenly it made a popping noise and cut out. I had to call out the RAC who discovered that the main fusible link has blown because the air con hose rubbed on the alternator or something.

Have had a search but can't seem to find much info on where I can get a new one from? Hoping it's not going to be too expensive!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Was driving my car earlier and suddenly it made a popping noise and cut out. I had to call out the RAC who discovered that the main fusible link has blown because the air con hose rubbed on the alternator or something.

Have had a search but can't seem to find much info on where I can get a new one from? Hoping it's not going to be too expensive!
You can't buy the fuse link separate I'm afraid. It's part of the cable itself.

RB 182
Ah okay. So is it the fuse link cable I'm looking for? Not managing to find any parts when I search, not sure if I'm looking for the right thing!

RB 182
Does anybody know the name of the part I need? Going up to Renault in a min but not sure what to ask for.

RB 182
Found a loom on eBay and I've just been into the garage and they said if I take the loom in they will try and just repair the fusible link, hopefully it's not toooo expensive!