ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Major vibration & noise after hitting a speed hump! : (

Soooo I seem to have an issue with the car where it's vibrating and knocking like mad when driving. This problem has recently developed after the underside of the front end hit a speed hump! : ( I was going a little too fast I guess..... So yeah, I don't know if I have damaged the gearbox, though it drives fine. This rumbling is louder and mor vigorous when pulling away! There is also a loud knock when I press the accelerator pedal sharply!

Any ideas?

cheers,

Matt

FF Clio 182
Where about's is the loud bang coming from ? If it is central then could be a broken dogbone mount, meaning manifold is hitting the subframe.

Check for suspension issue. How exactly did you hit it? Central or to the one side ?

Yeah man the hit was pretty central and it vibrates sooooo bad! It's much worse when pulling off and it's more of a weird rumbling with a clunk when pressing the accel pedal. No suspension issue either.

Clio 172 Cup
Hey guys, just a quick update. Turns out it was the Dogbone mount, as well as the upper engine mount. Thanks to all for your advice!

Same thing happened to me

Luckily I have a new dog bone mount and top engine mount coming this week as well as a powerplex dogbone bush.. Phew luckily it is hopefully these two as they sound the easiest to replace