ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matched Inlets

Clio 172 Phase 2
Dear all,

I have been looking in to getting matched inlets on my ph2 172, I've seen the odd post here and there about them, but they don't give a great amount of information.

Has anyone done this modification, if so, do you feel it made any difference?

The car currently has a full custom exhaust system as well, would this make any more difference combined with the matched inlets if i decide to go ahead?

​Thanks.

Dear all,

I have been looking in to getting matched inlets on my ph2 172, I've seen the odd post here and there about them, but they don't give a great amount of information.

Has anyone done this modification, if so, do you feel it made any difference?

The car currently has a full custom exhaust system as well, would this make any more difference combined with the matched inlets if i decide to go ahead?

​Thanks.

There not a massive gain to be honest possibly 1-2 bhp maybe 3bhp ! There normally used in conjunction with other mods remap decat etc

i haven't done mine but I believe it just makes them rev more freely ! Again I'm unsure as you'd feel any difference from now if you just did this !

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Just had a set fitted to my ph1 today. Can't say I noticed any difference tbh.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive been thinking about these foe a while aswell but im unsure tbh.

I think they are the same as getting a decat, in the way that you dont notice any gains but with a map they will give slightly better gains than standard?

340i
*sigh*

Do they gain power: Yes

Are they worth the money: That's down to the individual

PH-1's have the worst inlet casting / matching, RS stamped inlets which come on the later 1*2's are better but still not perfect.

Clio 172 Phase 2
Thanks for all your input, from what you've all said it's not really worth doing at the moment then, but may be a possibility in the future combined with other modifications.

Thanks again.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
i think you will see the benefits if you run wilder cams and thten mapped, every little helps.