ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

matching inlets!

clio 172 luna speedl
i hear its the in thing to do atm.
will i get any gain from this?
i'll do this myself as its the cheaper option.
as i have the tools but now a cnc lol

Iceberg Ph1
i hear its the in thing to do atm.
will i get any gain from this?
i'll do this myself as its the cheaper option.
as i have the tools but now a cnc lol

Sure you'd want to do this yourself?

Try the Traders Section.. A few sellers doing the Matched Inlets on there!

Recommend Jam Sport, Friend of mine had his done there and his 172 SHIFTS and is better through out the revs! (Ph1 Mind :rasp:)

Personally if I was to be doing this I'd only go to the engineer who developed it where its more than just 'matching'

clio 172 luna speedl
cant do the plenum away as no1 can get in there. u cant have the inlets to smooth away its the exhaust u want smooth.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
that is exactly what we do, and its a well made point we need to add that to the description. You can see from the product photo that the rework is carried down the entire length of the inlet.

ITB'd MK1
you're not just smoothing though, you're re-shaping and it has to be the right shape. IT's not just a case of honk it out to the size of the gasket. If you do that the castings may aswell go in the bin

Golf GTD Mk7
done properly this should involve a reworking of the entire inlet length. I think you will find some people offering this do not rework the entire length and only 'match' the joins.

That's how i had mine done. They completely CNC'd the lower intlet, but the plenum is too tricky to polish out really. They polished the TB join internally, and as far in on the inlet join side and obviously CNC'd the ports.

Golf GTD Mk7
a few centimetres

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

Am not passing comment on any individuals work, as I said if it was me I know where I would take it.

As Danny said, the inlets should be re-worked, infact to do get the best result material needs adding to the inlet in places! Obviously thats not possible, but simply smoothing the poor finish inside is not enough to get best results.

Golf GTD Mk7
True, ideally you'd want all the joins lined up perfect from plenum through to head, but they're not positioned perfectly enough. There are gains from it though, but I guess there potential isn't going to be massive anyway. You'd need to mess with the head ports also.

clio 172 luna speedl
well i deff know wot u mean. but im a c##t and love to have a play.. lol
plus out of work so have lots of time on my hands. picked a spare set up for 21 english pounds!!!

worth a go (bleeding fingers hear we come) ill add pic's good or bad like

Golf GTD Mk7
why the hell not mate, for 21quid you've nothing to lose. who did you steel those off btw, bargain :approve:

clio 172 luna speedl
off the bay mate. just need to pick them up. got a di grinder forgot to add. so they'll be like a kitkat wrapper by the time im done lol