ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Max Alloy Size

Clio mk2 1.4 Sport
Hi i have a mk2 phase 1 clio X reg 1.4 sport,

and mite b able to get hold some 18" alloys for very cheap off a relative.

And was wondering if anyone here knows if they will fit??

Thanx ;)

Chocolate Bar™
yes, but they need to be the correct size and offset otherwise you will be mistaken for a small hummer.

Chocolate Bar™
ask for the et measurement.. stamped on the back of the alloy - and then take the tyre width, and alloy width if known. the alloys will normally fit onto the car, but on a 18'' it will need lowering which is why the offset is crucial, as you dont want it to catch.

A well built VW
Tyres are the wrong size you need 215/35/18's and you will feel every bump in the road regardless ET is stamped on the back of the alloys What width are they as i imagine anything over 7x18 would be too wide to be practical

Offset is 37 iirc but between 35-38 should not be a problem Speak ti Crazy clio he runs 18s and im sure he has lowered it too

Clio mk2 1.4 Sport
Cheers mate, will do.

yeh sorry i got that wrong, that was for the 17's, as you sed it shud be 215/35/18

they are 7.5x18 by the way

Chocolate Bar™
yeah. 7.5'' is as narrow as a i think 18's come in, so you should get away with it. i would prefer an et more in the region of 40, so that i could bring it out on spacers to the correct one.