ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maxxis zr9 Victra

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Hi there,
Found these in 196 50 15 sizeat a very good price (i mean very!) but as expected they are DOT 2013
They are new, sold by a online store.
Would buy them for trackday use only and for dry weather.
They're like 30 quid a corner so very tempted..
Are they absolutely rubbish after 6 years of storage or for the money they're fo to get?
Thinking they were theoretically held in a tyre warehouse maybe they're not that bad so..
Should I bite the bullet?

The Maxxis Victra Sport 5 was seemingly very highly rated by evo magazine in the 2019 tyre test, and apparently would have won if they'd sourced the tyres independently rather than direct from the manufacturer!

As for a different version from 2013... it might be alright if it's been away from heat and light, but it will 99% be harder/less grippy than a more recent tyre, I would think.

Mind you, 30 quid a corner for a trackday-only tyre might be alright - and if they are a slide-tastic handful, it will give you the opportunity to learn what happens at the limits of grip while in a safer environment than the road! :D

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Pretty sure i used these on a very hot track day a few years ago.

Very very good tyres.

dan's cast offs.
i remember when they were still using the name cheng sh...aka cheng shin slide a lot!!!!!!!!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Still not sure on these.. I currently run the 595 rsr's on 16" rims and really like them but they're also my daily summer tyre so would like smth only for the trackdays.
But if these zr9's would be weaker than the rsr's i'd be sad tbh. That's the dilemma

Clio Cup
Got these from TTC at the Nürburgring had 3 sets of them and found them very good for the price I paid. Which I think was about 40 euro a corner. There were a similar DOT if I remember correctly. Used to get roughly 50 laps or so to a pair of fronts. Didn't take long to get heat in, stiff sidewall, pressure stayed consistent. Started at 24 cold and after a steady lap would come up to 32 ish. Cold gfip not great but that's all semis.......