ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

May Photography Competition - Urban

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
After some excellent entries last month, congratulations to Riad who won with the shot below.

Riad_zpsc861066a.jpg

The theme for May is Urban,

Really flexible theme, I expect a good number of entries, especially with the nice weather of late.

So - Entries close on the 24th May

The Rules:

- The photo must be taken this month.

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You MUST flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on. Only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted.

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within this month.

- If you want to change your entry, you MUST PM me (jenic) before the closing date.

- If you haven't followed the above rules don't come moaning when your picture isn't in the voting thread.

The Winner will win a special ClioSport.net goody bag and pick the June theme!

Good luck !!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Great theme. Can I enter a shot taken yesterday as technically it was this month? Or does it have to be after this thread has been posted?

E36 328i
8709146413_b535757ba0.jpg

Photo12_12A by matt_13289, on Flickr

ENTRY.

Taken in the Heygate Estate, Elephant and Castle, London.

100's of homes stood empty for years as not all of the people living there have left, a squatter's heaven until the new laws were past making it illegal in residential properties. I'll stop before I start rambling but if you live in/near to London then go visit.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ugh, I was half tempted to enter, but after seeing the entries ill not bother, lol.

Full Fat 182
It’s anything that can be interpreted as Urban (not rural). So stuff in cities and towns etc.

Oops sorry my bad, yup Urban. Is there a competition anywhere on Cliosport purely for a Clio shot of the month comp? I can't find one anywhere. I was on 206info before and we used to run a monthly shot of the month purely for creativity taking pics of the car.. so didn't matter so much about camera expertise etc. Would be good if there was one about on here?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
what the actual fcuk. lol. Well there might be 3 star trails ones now then if I bother to actually execute mine :p

Last edited:
  White APE
Haha. Glad i got this done tonight then. I did another but not happy with it. It was more to test an idea id had.

Least you could hide inside in the warm. Frozen my nollies off tonight. The new 10-20 makes these so much more interesting. May try another at home tomorrow if the skies clear.

Deliberately left this image warm to add to the urban feel. Just wish I could have done it for longer.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Off to London Colney today (for the first time) for work. Packed my camera will try and get a shot and enter one of these competitions for once! People's shots already though are looking amazing! :(

Full Fat 182
Hope this fits into the scope of the theme.. I saw everyones entries were centred around towns themselves so decided to go with something a little more out the box Urban and less cluttered.. The location is just outside of Farnborough Airport at the well known Old Hanger, as featured in last weeks Antiques Roadshow (not that I watch it). I was hoping to get a pic of the car under the hanger but couldn't find a route in, so here we are. Taken on my Iphone as I'm not a photographer, just a quick snap of the car. Don't expect it to be in any contention to win amongst all the awesome pics entered, but thought it were a nice location all the same and worth posting :)

Clio Hanger.jpg

Can't figure out how to get the pic larger so will have to click to view..

Attachments

• 431876_10151695639778593_1827548419_n.jpg
    431876_10151695639778593_1827548419_n.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
  White APE
It's a great piece of architecture that. Sadly, you can't get a car near it. Last time I tried in the evening we were moved on by the security.

Full Fat 182
It's a great piece of architecture that. Sadly, you can't get a car near it. Last time I tried in the evening we were moved on by the security.

mm... I guess if it was open though you'd get the fboro chav scene turning up speeding under it and inevitably crashing into it. I was cleaning as a summer job at Fboro Airshow a few years back.. I had a pass where I was allowed to drive my car practically anywhere around fboro airport as I needed to use the car to pick up / drop off supplies. Wish I'de of used it to get some pics.. could of got some epic shots but unfortunately I was too focused on keeping my pass and my job for the summer!

It's a shame Pyestock isn't accessible.. I'm not even sure if it's still standing now. But to get in there and find a way to get a pic with the turbines... that'd be pretty awesome for a good pic

Edit: Just found this article online... sucks :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...neering-tested-Concorde-engines-2-000mph.html

Last edited: