ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

McAfee ePO training

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Owing the the latest disasters with McAfee, and our very expensive ePO contractors leaving, I've been tasked with finding myself some training

Anyone got any suggestions? Seems to be slim pickings in the UK for this, which is odd given that how many companies use it

DMS

A thirsty 172
Are the latest disasters anything to do with DAT 5958 causing a false positive and causing Windows XP machines to reboot / fail to boot by any chance?
They've been running around like headless chickens here all morning because a lot of the schools we support are using McAfee + ePO. I think something like 380 PC's affected in total. DAT 5959 has been released to rectify the problem and 5958 removed from McAfee's update servers.

I had to LOL.

Back OT though. We use Redstone. I've never been on one of the courses myself but a few of the others in my department have and said positive things about them.

EDIT: http://www.redstonemanaged.co.uk/solutions/consultancyandtraining/mcafee_epo_training_courses

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers bud, I'll have a look at that

Re the 5958, I have another thread running on that :p

Cayman S Edition 1
I used to be an ePO admin many years ago and found the best way to learn was building a clone on a virtual pc to play with. Once you get your head around policies (update schedules, scanning schedules, file / folder exclusions etc) its not that complicated mate. Tbh my recommendation would be to look at an alternative solution. I got my company a good deal with kaspersky and have never looked back.

If you need any advice, feel free to pm me as I've been working in the IT Security Industry for around 8 years now and am currently Information Security Manager for a large corporation, with AV just one of the things under my remit.

Cayman S Edition 1
We switched from Sophos last year, because someone got us a "good deal" :/

Ok ok, it wasn't factually based on financials as we were having so many issues with McAfee over the years and the potential risk on the business was too great.

There are deffinately better solutions out there and since McAfee moved away from ePO 3 to ver 4, the user interface went to the dogs.

You'll most likely find SP updates for the ePO agent, AV and Exchange solutions (if you use it), so keep an eye out on the portals for updates. They are actually worth installing, just sometimes a pain to keep on top of and distribute accordingly.