ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mechanic Monkeys

Hi Any help would be greatly apprieciated

I have a 53 plate clio sport with staring problems. It cut out whilst ticking over and the engine management light came on. The car would not start after this and i once again had it towed into renault chester... Same old sh*te "Fault not found" I had to tell them to leave it ticking over and it would cut out. It did and they claimed that the fault was the throttle body which they replaced. I have brought the car home today and guess what it wont start again same problem. Car cuts out and the engine management light comes on. I will be returning the car back to the zoo tomorrow where the monkeys wont have a clue as if the computer they plug in says no fault they cant even get their pea sized brains to perform some good old mechanic thinking and diagnose the problem for themselves.

As allways cliosport.net will probably know more than ther manufactures themselves.

Cheers

Dont go to Reanult Chester is your first problem

Try speed six in Wrexham there much better for warently work even if you didnt buy the car from there. Ive heard and known to much about them to take my car there.

Where about are you from?

Cheers edde I live near mold and chester is my nearest dealer... Had nothing but trouble with them from day one. They act like its a normal everyday things when you bring your nearly brand new car in with major faults... Not even a "sorry sir your car shouldnt do that and weve checked everything so it wont happen again"..

Is it possible to take it to speed six when i bought it from lookers..

[Edited by richie_jones on 27 May 2004 at 10:18pm]

Volvo S60 T5

Mechanic Monkeys

Hope you dont mean me!!!

If the engine management light has come on then the fault will be stored in the computer of the car.
So to say no fault found is utter crap, the clip(diagnostic tool) will show up the fault.
As the car is cutting out and no starting again it could be a number of things, could be a simple as a TDC sensor or a wiring fault.
Shame you dont live local to me:(, I could have sorted it for you at work.

Let us know what they find

320d M Sport

yeah but mike, ive had a similar thing and its what Reno monkeys (not u) like to call "transient Faults", so next time u start the car the fault wipes itself.

what they did on mine was leave it running, wait for the light and then plus in the comp as soon as it came up.

bagsie not buying another reno!

Paddy thats the same fault as mine. If you take the car to reno and the fault has gone out then the car wont store the fault, hence "no fault found"

Yours cuts out like mine when left running... Did you find out what the problem was..

Cheers

as said it could be something as simple as TDC sdensor which is common on clios!

[Edited by richy on 27 May 2004 at 10:49pm]

320d M Sport

throttle inlet potentiometre, tell them to call the tw*ts at Reno Altrincham for advice, takes no more than a day once parts are in.

Just dont take it to hester the only reason I ever went there is because they have a 182 which they let me test drive as no other dealership even was happy to give me a brocour.

There excellent at sales apparently and have a high staff turn over. But as for warently work well SPee six is all Ic an say.

A friedn at work took there 3 day old car there for a respray after soome scratched it and they messed it all up and took ages and no courtesy car.

Another forum member took there car there (a 172) and after a while went round the back of the garage to find the mechanic reading there mag saying he wasnt going to do the job cos if he didnt he could take the car home.

You have to laugh though they offed me the demonstration car almost for list price under the idea it had been treated easily even though the guy had hit the rev limiter before we had reached the speed camera on the road going to wales and youll know how far that is.