ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MechWarrior 5 : Mercenaries

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So....... thread bump!

Got this - completed the main campaign and have just but one achievement left.

1663779248227.png

As the game has no multiplayer lobby as such, I can't simply join an existing game, five times over. It relies on an invite code to be shared between players (like it's an early LAN game from 1996), rather than simply teaming up with three other randomers.

Does anyone else have MW5 on Steam that I could just nab this achievement with?

Thanks,
D.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
So....... thread bump!

Got this - completed the main campaign and have just but one achievement left.

View attachment 1612892

As the game has no multiplayer lobby as such, I can't simply join an existing game, five times over. It relies on an invite code to be shared between players (like it's an early LAN game from 1996), rather than simply teaming up with three other randomers.

Does anyone else have MW5 on Steam that I could just nab this achievement with?

Thanks,
D.
Had a look but I don't have it, sorry!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Got this the other day. It's strangely addictive, even though it's not a particularly great game.

I got absolutely rinsed on what was supposed to be a dead easy mission, cost pretty much everything I had in repairs.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got this the other day. It's strangely addictive, even though it's not a particularly great game.

I got absolutely rinsed on what was supposed to be a dead easy mission, cost pretty much everything I had in repairs.
I agree - it's a very fun and playable game, but I wouldn't necessarily class it as being great.

It's ironically much harder in the earlier stages of the game. You have little cash, a bobby basic mech equipped with a few pew-pews and not much else. If that mech gets severely battered, the costs to repair it get silly. Later, when you'll rolling in with four Atlas mechs that have an objective defended by a couple of light mechs, the Muhahah Mode certainly kicks in.

Some of the mods in the Steam workshop are superb - clearly some very talented and dedicated fans out there. The clan weapons, tonnage drop-weight removal and sound revamp ones are definitely worthy of note from me.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So.... bumping my earlier post - does anyone on here have it on Steam where I can complete the last achievement with?

I need to complete 5 missions either in co-op or online. With the crazily archaic match-making in this game - I have to use invite codes from other players - there are no lobby functions as such.

Due to that, without having a Steam friend with this game - I've virtually got zero chance of completing the achievements.