ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 225 cup

Ford
No major updates for the megane really, few little jobs done, keeping myself occupied whilst at home. Made myself a battery cover template ready for when I go back work (looking to be soon) then I'll get it made out of aluminium.
IMG_20200513_160456.jpg

Ford
And done a bit of tidying on the interior fabric, didn't realise how grotty it was as before it was used from the get go as my only car, now ive had the time to properly go through it I'm noticing the details a bit more. The sun visors have been cleaned as they were stained and grubby and the headlining had black marks on, presumably oil.
IMG_20200511_125711.jpg
15893853346387024669687671681075.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200513_160456.jpg
    IMG_20200513_160456.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 133
  Ford
Also checked the air filter whilst I was making the cardboard template for the battery cover. Removed that, hoovered the debris off it and re-fitted as it's in very good condition, should be really as it's only around 13K old.
IMG_20200511_164551.jpg

Also, when cleaning up the interior, I've noticed one of the clips is broken at the rear near the boot which retains the headlining in its place. I've posted on a few of the Facebook groups but nobody has responded and I'm waiting on a email back from RPD to see where I can get one from. If anyone has any suggestions as to where to get these kind of parts in general please let me know as there are probably more than a few bits i'd like to swap over if you can still buy new.
IMG_20200511_150237.jpg

Ford
And finally the most recent job I've done (today) has been to fit some number plate surrounds that I got off a guy on Facebook. Was initially toying with the idea as didn't know if they looked too cheap or tatty on the car, but thought I'll try it as if I don't like it I can always sell them on. Still not 100% but I think the front one looks better than the back. But the more I look at it it kind of breaks up the red a bit. Not 100% though...
IMG_20200513_170136.jpg
IMG_20200513_170204.jpg

One thing I'm going to do soon is order a set of number plates with the gel lettering on. These look ok but I've had to redrill the back one to raise the plate to accommodate the surround and the front one was never square anyway, something I've been meaning to do for ages as it bugged me looking at it but forgot to do.

Ford
Thanks very much Matt! Really appreciate that mate, I did search for them but mustn't have put it in right to bring any up! Thanks bud

Ford
Small update, had some white LED's delivered so updated the interior lights and also the number plate bulbs, pretty happy with the difference!
IMG_20200514_212114.jpg
IMG_20200514_215413.jpg

And another thing I'm chuffed with, managed to fix the boot interior light that I found the lense too a few weeks ago, turned out some of the pins were splayed apart and not contacting the bulb, so after a bit of fiddling it's now working for the first time in my ownership. Need to get a few more LED's to do the glovebox and the boot and one in the number plate lights is a little faulty but overall a cheap improvement

Ford
Cheers mate, it is only small jobs at the moment but like you say they all add up 😁 got a few other bits left to do when things arrive

Ford
Just a thought, what's people's opinions on swapping the standard interior out for the R26 interior? It keeps cropping up but realistically it's a good £6-700 for the leather interior, and then I'd only have to find room to store the original as I would want to keep it. I'm thinking more along the lines of just keeping the standard interior but do like the look of the trendlines. Would they look naff with the cloth door cards and back seats?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Trendlines don't really hold you any more secury than the normal seats, they just look better and have that ooh recaro kudos. Maybe when you've fixed everything else and can't spend the money more wisely then yeah, get recaro's 😂.

Ford
Haha good point! There's a lot of money to spend yet, mainly on the bodywork and wheels, before intercooler and even thinking interior, in all honesty I think I'll probably not bother as it's unlikely I'll have the spare cash and even the aforementioned jobs might have to wait a little while 😅

Ford
Well I've managed to get the battery cover bracket made, it's not amazing by any stretch but does the job. There's a few pics of the engine cover on aswell but if you see closely it looks a bit naff. Going to get it redone I think when I get the car to a bodyshop otherwise I'm just not going to be satisfied with it.
IMG_20200521_194927.jpg

Ford
Cheers mate, I have but when fitted it wouldn't lock properly and the inner part of the cap came free, so I'm going to take it work and glue the two halves together and try again, couldn't get the bit with the seal out last time so hoping it works properly after I've bonded it together

2014 Clio 200t edc
@JackM94 really nice car, unusual in red too! How do you find it day to day? What is the fuel usage like? I’m really tempted by a 225 for my next car.

Ford
@PP172 thanks mate, it is less common in that colour which I quite like! In all honesty having driven it for 2 years as a daily, it was not too bad, but im glad not to have to do it anymore. The suspension is very harsh and I would be trying to avoid potholes like the plague, whereas in my focus that I have for daily duties it doesn't matter too much and is a much more comfortable drive. As for fuel consumption it would be around 28mpg on average between fill ups and maybe average of low to mid 30's with some longer distance thrown in. Unless you drive it like a nun you won't get a great return.
To be perfectly honest it kind of took the shine off driving it for me, when using it every day as I'd be thinking about how much fuel I'd be putting in and also not being able to keep it looking nice all the time, the harsh suspension etc I did sort of lose interest a bit, whereas now I just use it for fun and enjoy it again. Not sure if I would do it again as my only car and not earning a lot at the time of buying it 😅