ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane GT 150 DCI hack

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up for absolute steal today. Got it within 3 minutes of listing.

Full leather also, one owner from new, very good nick, 76k on clock.

Aircon needs a re gas, need to fix one window, and passenger side inner tie rod is fooked.

Will keep the M5 grounded over winter to avoid the salty roads.

600 beans!

225CA74D-C268-4843-B17A-C1BAB3DC7838.jpeg
4FFC6741-561D-4738-9183-EEACA35C236C.jpeg
05969164-65B9-4BA8-A936-26B5366BA599.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Spent a few hrs on the interior this afternoon, nice play to be to fair. Onto exterior tomorrow.

439C909E-416E-470F-A6DB-D8B610C9E5FF.jpeg
5AD858CC-C645-4BE1-AC87-2BD0911F34AE.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I’m sure you got it cheap and it does look nice but how you can bring yourself to drive that with the keys to an E60 M5 in the same pot I’ll never know

E61 ;)

I need a cheap mile muncher to use, M5 is still on the road but now the weather is turning I’ll be more picky on what days I use it. Plus it’s good for picking up car parts from around the UK. M5 usually costs more in fuel than the part itself ?

I swear I never find these listings for that sort of price...

... although I guess that when I do see them, I think they are too good to be true! :( lol

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I swear I never find these listings for that sort of price...

... although I guess that when I do see them, I think they are too good to be true! :( lol

Or do I usually, the guy was indicated with messages. He advertised it on Facebook market place. Even when I got there he had people getting shitty with him that it hasn’t sold already.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Given that you use a car like this during winter to save the M5 from the weather and roads; wouldn't you rather have a full on sports car instead of the M5?

The M5 is like the ultimate all rounder, so it's kind of like having a cheap daily and an expensive daily, instead of a cheap daily and 911 or something?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Given that you use a car like this during winter to save the M5 from the weather and roads; wouldn't you rather have a full on sports car instead of the M5?

The M5 is like the ultimate all rounder, so it's kind of like having a cheap daily and an expensive daily, instead of a cheap daily and 911 or something?

No used a M5 daily for years all year around, in fact winter is the best bit.

Sold the wife’s e class so we are lacking a economical car to throw things in so this fills the gap.

I get what you are saying about a 911 or similar but the M5 will never be sold.

Cupra
Nice one, the part really fixes the problem that easily?

I have a 5 door RS and have had the problem with each of my windows front and back 5 times over. There is a design flaw that causes water to run straight into these modules and shorts them out. If you catch it early enough, putting the thing on the radiator for a couple of days and cleaning the contacts is sufficient. If they have been shorting, then the circuits fry and a replacement is needed.

There is a handy Youtube vid showing exactly how to take the door panel off and replace this module. It's a bit fiddly the first time but easy enough. it is possible that the cable mechanism has snapped (I've had that too) so you might want to check to be certain.

After replacing it, you have to hold the up button for 10 seconds to reset the window, otherwise it goes up in 2 cms steps. Go for the normal module rather than the cube otherwise you loose the single touch action and it's also possible to break the window cable if you keep the button held up for too long (thanks kids).

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
No to spoiler but will get a tuning box along as it holds together

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I've used this place (several times) for window fixes. I have the entire replacement process down to about 10 minutes now...

http://www.renaultwindow.co.uk/renault-megane-window.html

Don't you loose the one touch open/close with that? You can get a proper Temic module on eBay for around £20

Get that mapped, same M9R engine as the 175, mine was running just shy of 200bhp and 325ft/lb. I loved it.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ok so knocking was a broken spring, aircon gassed up and working great, serviced with genuine parts and now good to go for a grand total of £800! Fooking bargin!!!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ok had a whine in front end which is wheel bearing.

So swapped out bearing, topmount, cv boot, and abs sensor at the same time.

Never changed a bearing before but glad I did. Thanks to the r****d who made this video it cost me a bearing. f**king jack ass.

Cars driving great and returning a continuous 40mpg. Owes me around £850 total now which I still consider cheap.

“Just a warning that even though there are many good online videos/guides there are also some s**t ones even though this example looks to be proffesional......

So I needed to change a front wheel bearing on the Megane. Not done one before and have access to a press, how hard can it be? Watched the video, all seems straight forward enough.

Oh no not really. First of all, the prick in the video shows you tapping out the hub face with one smack from a hammer, wanker. You need to press it out!

Second, he makes no suggestion that you have to remove the old bearing race from the rear of the hub face. Again utter wanker but still worked it out as it’s common sense.

Lastly which is the biggest f**k up. The video shows you at exactly 13mins in refitting the abs ring bracket back into the hub. Well after pressing in the bearing and re installing the hub face it dawned on me that it’s not possible. It needs to be located into the correct position and the bearing pressed in behind it. But oh no, not this t**t. He shows you gentle tapping it back in like it’s normal. It only dawned on me when I got to this stage that this guy fucked up, knew it but covered it up in the video!!!

What a utter bellend, one brand new bearing ruined!!!

So laugh all you like but now I have been given a Renault pdf with the correct order to fit but down a bearing and 24hrs to collect the replacement.

w*****s!

Video”

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Take that back, using PC you can see comments. Wish I had checked before going ahead.