ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26 430bhp (500bhp+ potential)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   1
  Astra VXR
I never understand why people do big builds like this, then sell pretty much right away ?

Because they never work as intended and/or reliability issues.

I hope this isn't the case with this one as it looks to be done well, but it always makes me very weary.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
for an 11.5k car the pictures are f**king shocking. OOOH yeah get a pic of it on the rollers half of it covered by a fan. cracking photos mate hahahaha

I didn’t think the pictures were that bad to be fair. I’ve seen 50k cars with far worse adverts.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Several
Don't really see that much of an issue with the pictures to be honest. Yes, they're not first class, but I have seen much, much worse. The description looks very detailed, which is far more important IMO.

The guy who built it certainly seems to know what he's doing from the build thread. Very strong money for what an old Megane, but I bet it cost an awful lot more to build.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Don't really see that much of an issue with the pictures to be honest. Yes, they're not first class, but I have seen much, much worse. The description looks very detailed, which is far more important IMO.

The guy who built it certainly seems to know what he's doing from the build thread. Very strong money for what an old Megane, but I bet it cost an awful lot more to build.

When i was with him getting it mapped, he said he's nearly £20k in.

Not sure how accurate that is, but the engine must be £10k i would have thought.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I really cant see the point in putting 430 ponies through the front wheels. Not read the spec in detail but you'd be needing some serious hardware to keep them contained. More than likely power and torque is dialled back in the first 3 gears. The 3MPS boys do it with there 400-500hp builds, some only pushing around 300hp in the lower gears.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I really cant see the point in putting 430 ponies through the front wheels. Not read the spec in detail but you'd be needing some serious hardware to keep them contained. More than likely power and torque is dialled back in the first 3 gears. The 3MPS boys do it with there 400-500hp builds, some only pushing around 300hp in the lower gears.

No boost by gear in this, it's all of it straight away.

Once rolling it's rapid but yeah it can't put the power down if you mash the throttle pulling away.