ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26R...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
... whats peoples views on these? I nipped into Renault today (in warrington) and one was on a big turn table, asked if they had anymore that i could have a nosy around n they stopped the turn table n let me have a sit in it n a good mooch.

Lovely car ive fallen in love, seats were comfy driving posistion was spot on, love the fact that have nothing in them, if i had the money id defo buy one as i know it wont be slow and looks the bees knees.

Renault_Megane_R26R.jpg

main.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
yea the one i got to have a mooch around was white with red detailing with black wheels was rather yummy

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd rather have a mapped R26. Useless everyday car, IMO a Vee's more practical.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Havent seen on e in the flesh but they look grosss in pics!!

Z4
I'd rather have a mapped R26. Useless everyday car, IMO a Vee's more practical.

What does the r26 map to?

Obviously the r26r uses the same engine, so will map to the same figure, if it's around 280bhp it would give a standard Focus rs a spanking

BMW 320d M-Sport
I'd love one, needs a stereo tho for me! And the titanium exhaust, one came to the Lakeside meet and it was bloody amazing!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
who gives a s**t if its practical you dont buy things like that to be practical its not your fault your kids dont fit in it they came after you numero uno lol (only jokin i understand how important kids are ;) )

Z4
They should have given the r26r more power in all honesty, imagine the same car, with a turbo'd vee engine filling the space in the rear... now that would be ground breaking.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
^^^ i agree totally.They made a fantastic effort with this car and in all fairness its the best meg yet.

Just a shame they didnt boost the engine to say 260-280 bhp,then the focus RS would have its work cut out

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
They should have given the r26r more power in all honesty, imagine the same car, with a turbo'd vee engine filling the space in the rear... now that would be ground breaking.

It's all about the handling though, not power.

if it had a great big engine in the back, then it would defeat the cars main objective. IMO.

Z4
It's all about the handling though, not power.

if it had a great big engine in the back, then it would defeat the cars main objective. IMO.

Not necessarily, big engine doesn't mean poor handling you know!

At the end of the day it all comes down to cost, and Renault are cheap. They did what they always do and kept the car pretty much the same just made it lighter and the price tag heavier.

On the flip side, Ford spent millions producing the FRS, Renault barely even tried with the 26r and it's not far off teh same pace...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
no but think about it your going round a track, youve got a decent sized engine with superiour handling your gonna have a really good time, now think about having a really big powered car n superiour handling your gonna have fun but you'll never get the full power of the car because your to busy trying to brake earlyer or compensating for the weight of the engine (this is just my view on this btw its not proven or tested x)