ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mental Supercharged NSX...

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
You know when people Supercharge Vtecs, does anyone ever think "That's nice but it's really going against the spirit of it" - or something like that? On EK9s and stuff the idea is to beat the tits out of them to make them go anywhere, race car stylee - and a supercharger takes that away.

It's almost like admitting that Vtec needs help, although I like to think of it as getting the best of both worlds, good torque but if you rev it hard you get the extra bonus of Vtec high end power. I think that's true anyway, that you still get extra power at the top with a supercharger?

I don't often see turbo'd Vtecs. sometimes but rather than supercharged. Do they go super rather than turbo because the turbo restricts the gas flow too much at those kinds of revs, whereas a super charger is just run off the engine, so the more the better?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
^^^ Hehe yea, A-men to that :D

I was just having a late night 'too many thoughts' ramble I think :)

You know when people Supercharge Vtecs, does anyone ever think "That's nice but it's really going against the spirit of it" - or something like that? On EK9s and stuff the idea is to beat the tits out of them to make them go anywhere, race car stylee - and a supercharger takes that away.

It's almost like admitting that Vtec needs help, although I like to think of it as getting the best of both worlds, good torque but if you rev it hard you get the extra bonus of Vtec high end power. I think that's true anyway, that you still get extra power at the top with a supercharger?

I don't often see turbo'd Vtecs. sometimes but rather than supercharged. Do they go super rather than turbo because the turbo restricts the gas flow too much at those kinds of revs, whereas a super charger is just run off the engine, so the more the better?

Trust me, centrifugally charged vtecs are still gutless low down and you still need to beat the pants off them. In some cases they actually produce less torque lower down due to the wide rpm band that the supercharger has to provide for.

Positive displacement chargers (eaton/screw etc) produce massive initial power but tail off fast......unless you use a soddingly large one, and packaging becomes more than an issue.

Turbos.
Love the GT-Rom exhausts, hugely expensive! Up there with a Kreis-Sieg.

People think the NSX is hard to get power out of but there are loads of Supercharger and Turbo conversions available. I love the ripping noise from this Lovefab conversion...

[YOUTUBE]Q2dTYqWl7jI[/YOUTUBE]