ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Microsoft Windoes - Which version first had network support ?

Not a 320d
As title, which was the first version of windows to connect to the internet, and which was the first to have networking support.

Lee

BMW M2C
Windows For Workgroups 3.1 had basic network support, as did DOS with the correct drivers. Internet Explorer first came with WFW 3.1 as far as I can remember.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Trumpet wrote a socket stack for Windows 3.0.

I'm also sure there were TCP/IP stacks for MS-DOS too, so they would have been supported under all windows versions in a roundabout way.

Windows for workgroups (Windows 3.11) was the first version of Windows to have an official TCP/IP stack.

Better than yours. C*nt.
What's already been posted TBH, WfW3.11 was the first 'official' networked Windows but previous versions could when running a 3rd party piece of software.

Still got a 3.11 VM somewhere. Cos I'm cool.

182FF with cup packs
I have the install files for Windows (technically windows 1.0) in my collection somewhere.

It's rubbish.

I also used Windows 2 at school. That sucked big time :)

June 1993, called World Wide Web Wanderer.

Though the first one to work like curent day ones was WebCrawler launched in 1994.