ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid-life crisis help needed

Should I buy a Mk1 valver?

• Yes - what else would you possibly spend your adult money on apart from a rusty sh*tbox Clio

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No - just buy a Porsche or something like very other boring mid-lifer

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Other - I don't like either option and I'm going to comment something witty instead

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  RIP Naples Valver
After a significant Clio hiatus (sold my Mk1 naples valver in approx. 2008 and the next owner wrote it off 😭), I reckon it's time for a mid-life crisis. I'm therefore really tempted to try and relive my youth and buy another one. I know there's not a huge number left out there and most of them are rusty af. So please, help me decide if this is a good idea. :ROFLMAO:

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
It's a great idea.

If you can't find one you like there's still sufficient decent 172/182's kicking around for you to have a crisis in.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Buy a Clio. They're fun, they're cheap, and you can thrash them without too much worry about speed cameras. Plus the forms are pretty good. And if you attempt some DIY and mess things up, it's not going to cost too much.

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
Interesting these stages of midlife crisis us gentleman go through, for you it's buying an old Clio, whereas my latest one as I reach a significant birthday involves an old grey Massy Ferguson tractor and a sudden keen interest in taking up fly fishing... :D

RIP Naples Valver
Interesting these stages of midlife crisis us gentleman go through, for you it's buying an old Clio, whereas my latest one as I reach a significant birthday involves an old grey Massy Ferguson tractor and a sudden keen interest in taking up fly fishing... :D
Us gentlemen?!?!?! 🤔 Sir I'm a woman! 🤣🤣 Wouldn't say no to a tractor too tbh but I'll pass on the fly fishing. 🤪

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Would have a Massey if I could justify it.

Don't know why.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
And I thought it was just me who had a hankering for an old tractor!

RIP Naples Valver
1000021208.png

Instruction unclear......

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Clio. Really tidy version. Enjoy.
My personal sweet spot is a late 172 with cruise control and a non-cut rear bumper.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I did option 1 ended up spending £6k on it in about 8 months and then sold it at a loss. Granted I had some s**t luck but was a hard lesson learned for me. If you plan on it being a bit of a toy and willing to work on yourself then that would benefit you massively when it comes to the Clio.

RIP Naples Valver
I did option 1 ended up spending £6k on it in about 8 months and then sold it at a loss. Granted I had some s**t luck but was a hard lesson learned for me. If you plan on it being a bit of a toy and willing to work on yourself then that would benefit you massively when it comes to the Clio.
This is exactly what I think would happen to me. 🤣 And I can do some bits myself but definitely would need to bribe others to help me out with anything major! 😝

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
I think we’re getting towards the end of the era where you can get a reasonably good condition clio for a half sensible price. So if you’re going to jump in, I would say it’s not a bad time to do it.

Lots of them are starting to fall to the inevitable tin worm, sadly.