ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Midland RR Day Results. By Daz!

Skoda Fabia vRS

thats funny about the limiter, and i reckon the difference is down to the different RRs, got any plans to test it at BB ?......be very interesting

tom has informed me that you can expect around 8hp from the manifold

if they dont do a re-map yet, then theyre gonna need a donor car (re-map at a discount sounds good to me)

Skoda Fabia vRS

well make sure u let us all know mate what the rollers at BB say, no doubt you will get an increase from your mods, it just wont be 15bhp !

They got 8bhp on the valver with the manifold, i doubt the gains will be as big for a 1.2 but who knows. A plus is that it gives torque as well as power, whereas some aftermarket exhausts give better top end power and worse torque.

I would love to compete with the 1.2 boys but ill resist!

-Rob

torque is one thing my car is lacking

well it will be nice to see what gain the filter + exhaust officially give

79lbs/ft is p**s poor, lowest in the club i think

not sure, they didnt actually give you the torque figures, it was plotted on a graph, but you had to work it out yourself

Quote: Originally posted by JJ172 on 17 February 2003

Roamer - we all know RRs can give wildly differeing readouts and youre always at the mercy of the operator! Certainly from other BBs (e.g. ScoobyNet) its a well-known fact that PEs RR outputs are on the optimistic side.
Hehe, optimistic, well, they dont seem to be imho compared to Wilcox, blimey, PE on friday gave me a 135atw with 27% transmission loss (quite a reasonable loss for fwd I think) giving an estimated 184atfw, if I calculate the same tranny loss on the figures from Wilcox it would give me an estimated 210atfw LoL

Maybe the few motorway runs I did on the way back from PE really did the car some good and I gained 19bhp atw ;):p

Lionel Richie

Bam yours definatley felt tighter to drive, although they both seemed the same pokewise, is it just me, or was mine a tiny bit louder than yours?????

I got a measly 104 lb/ft of torque at the wheels, which was lower than some of the other Valvers with less mods than mine. I still made the most power at the wheels of the 16vs, but I reckon that Im down on what it should be, especially given that my Valver has head and cam work (none of the other 16vs on the day had head/cam work). Might be to do with the spark plug incident a while ago:cry: and I had my exhaust re-mounted today as that was blowing too. :(

I dont have a scanner, so cant put in my graphs, but the difference over other Valvers was that the power took off more after 5000rpm and the torque didnt tail off at 5000rpm - it stayed at its peak right until 7000rpm.

http://cliosport16v.net/images/rr/rr2.jpg

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 17 February 2003

I got 80lb/ft @ 3500rpm

72.2bhp @ 5500rpm AT THE WHEES

ME & BAMBAM HAVE THE UKS MOST POWERFUL 1.2S!!!!!

My 1.2 punto sporting has 76hp @ the wheels or did have untill I removed the UNICHIP

those results look as if they have been done in 3rd gear. a VTS getting 126hp at wheels. not if the run was done in 4th no chance

Lionel Richie

Yes your Punto may have 76bhp @ wheels, but my car is a CLIO, Ill rephrase myself

The most powerful 1.2 CLIO in the UK!!!!!!

This better????

The results were from 4th gear AFAIK.

And Matt: I didnt take the turning I was meant to! I eventually got onto the M5 but guess you must have put the pedal to the Wilton as I was giving it the Full George and didnt catch up!

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 19 February 2003

Yes your Punto may have 76bhp @ wheels, but my car is a CLIO, Ill rephrase myself

The most powerful 1.2 CLIO in the UK!!!!!!

This better????

yes

Audi S3

was driving slowly at about 60 but i did beifly do a toilet stop on the m42.

yea i was like yep ur behind ill indicate and turn off then it was like huh whered he go! opps

Matt