ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Minor Bump On Works Van

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Hello people,

One of my family member's who's self employed and works for a company who does parcel deliverys. He has no job contract and pays out rental for the van and insurance every payslip.

The other week he had an incident where he reversed into a salt box or something and the van has little to no damage. The insurance people spoke to him this morning and said he has to pay £1000.00.

I don't know about how this works, could someone help me out. I'd of thought the insurance people would pay for this not him?

Is work insurance same as normal insurance on how things work?

Thanks

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hello people,

One of my family member's who's self employed and works for a company who does parcel deliverys. He has no job contract and pays out rental for the van and insurance every payslip.

The other week he had an incident where he reversed into a salt box or something and the van has little to no damage. The insurance people spoke to him this morning and said he has to pay £1000.00.

I don't know about how this works, could someone help me out. I'd of thought the insurance people would pay for this not him?

Is work insurance same as normal insurance on how things work?

Thanks
Was the excess 1k by chance?

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Was going to say excess fee, mine was always £250.

Had to pay it when I was at a tight junction with an obnoxious woman in a Merc who refused to move to let me get the swing out from the curb and there was a post under my ns mirror that I couldn't see but she clearly could [emoji24]

Not long after it got changed to £600 excess, luckily never had any other incidents in a company van.

Whenever having a works vehicle, excess has always been one of the first things I have looked at.

Oh and to add they wrote the van off as the door supposidly cost too much to replace and gave me a new van [emoji23] so was't all bad.

b7fd2fecf2dc57ba22dfa2ec05aca44a.jpg