ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miracle Detail.... Rich??

RS Clio 200
Following on from lookin at getting a PC, i was wondering if its just as worth getting Miracle Detail in once a year.

sure its 500 quid for the daddy package, but they do get it better than show room, including all plastics, rubber etc etc and interior.

Anyone had anyexperience with them? Opinions on whether it would be worth it?

http://www.miracledetail.co.uk

ST
To be honest if you dont mind washing your car a weekly and waxing every 2-4 weeks i wouldnt bother shelling out £500, you can probably get similar results with good products and PC of your own...IMO of course.

Alan.

Lionel Richie
seems a bit "ooh check me out" i bought a £7K pot of wax, i am the best!

how anyone can "come up" with 61 stages of cleaning a car i'll never know!

RS Clio 200
thats what im thinkin - im just worried ill ruin my paint doing it myself.

In terms of weekly work - i wash and wax her every saturday morning anyway.

THings that annoys me is previous owner has left loads of swirls, and light scratches all over her which i wanna get rid of.

OT: hey fred, how soon do you think i cna get booked in for the work andrew is quoting me on?

Last edited:
  106 GTi
I am sure a few people on here will give you the same level of service with some decent waxes and sealants for a lot less then he is charging!

I wouldnt pay anyone 500 notes to clean my car!

RS Clio 200
im happy to spend a whole week cleaning mine, thats not what i want to avoid - ill have to practice one someone elses heap of poo before i touch mine with a PC

106 GTi
I am sure you will easily find friends and family that are happy to let you practice on there cars - I did. Was ages before I used a cutting pad and polish on the 182.

Even on your own car with a polishing pad and a mild polish you will be fine with a PC.

al

ST on the way...
The clio paint seems quite hard anyway, just be wary of heating up the wings!! ;)

Well I'll be the odd one out :p I actually think that hand waxing doesn't hurt your paint, I do it for clients, using both waxes designed to be applied in this manor and also some that aren't. I find that I can immediately feel any speck of dirt which could be trapped against the paint and a pad before it could cause damage. I can also get thinner more even coats using this method.

As for £6k for a wax, sorry its now £7118 a pot, however this is refilled free for life so the more its used the cheaper it will become. Is it worth this much, well thats down to individuals to answer, many will say no, however there are many out there who have it applied and thus say yes.

On the pay someone £500 to wax their car, well sorry but I have a few who pay this and one who pays much more, but there again thats including my costs of driving to the South of France to look after his cars, I book 4 days per car as every single painted panel is hand waxed 3 times, and I use a full 8oz pot of wax per car (£469 a pot).