ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire and generally running pants

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Having a few running issues with the clio.

It has developed an intermittent misfire which seems to be getting worse. It started with the engine light coming on and flashing but then going off and now the engine light is staying on as a solid light. The car also has a rough idle.

I've swapped the coil pack as had one lying around but that's not made any difference.

The plugs have recently been changed but the previous owner went Bosch so I've ordered some NGK ones from g172 anyway. I'm thinking of swapping the leads as well while I'm at it.

I've searched and there are several threads but just wondered if anyone has had similar symptoms and what the fix was.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
pre cat lambda usually stuck on light is the lambda sensor

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Had flashing eml last week (every night when cold/damp) - new plugs have resolved it

182 Trophy
I had same symptoms and it was a faulty injector. Actually 2 of them were faulty. Easy to check - if u take off the fuel rail guard and unplug the electrical injector connectors. Use a multimeter to check the resistance of the injectors. A healthy injector is approx 14.5 ohms. Both my faulty injectors were 6 ohms.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Thanks for the replies.

I've had it on the fault code reader and it looks like an injector fault.
Take Fuel rail guard off, Get a long flat head screwdriver and stick the end on the metal of an injector. When car is running ofc.
Put ear to handle of said screwdriver and listen. Do the same for each one to see if they all sound the same.

You will get a ticking sound.